The aspirants of Common Admission Test (CAT) have around a month to prepare for the exam. IIM Kozhikode will hold CAT 2019 on November 24, and efforts invested in these 30 days will determine the outcome. So, let us have a look at what toppers do in the last 30 days to get 100 percentile. First of all, they do not wait until the exam day to download CAT admit card. Other than this, the toppers follow these tips and tricks to ace the exam.
1. Give equal importance to all the sections. Instead of studying section per day, the toppers start to solve problems from all the sections. The best resource to do so is by taking Common Admission Test mock test, solve sample papers and previous papers, etc.
2. Slowly but steadily increase the frequency of the practice test. Every topper of CAT accepts that taking the mock tests helps in preparing well for the exam. In the last 30 days, the toppers try and take as many mock tests as they can. They begin by taking a section-wise and one complete mock test each day and gradually increase the number. By the end of 30 days period, the aim is to take 3-4 mock tests per day.
3. They do smart work and hard work. A CAT topper sets their eye on the prize and works smartly towards it. They aim to get 19 to 20 good attempts and decrease bad attempts, as much as they can. In CAT 2019, for the correct answer, 3 marks are awarded but for marking incorrect answer for MCQ questions, negative marking (one mark) is done. Toppers work to increase good attempts and decrease bad ones.
Want instant updates in your Whatsapp! Click here
4. Reading is the key for verbal ability. CAT is designed to test the reading ability of a candidate. Usually, 34 questions are asked in the verbal ability section, out of which 24 questions are purely reading comprehension. To improve reading skills, toppers read and analysis articles and paras from The Hindu, Economic Times, and books by good authors. Words like word power and how to prepare for verbal ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT also helps students cracking the section.
5. Learn tricks and out of the box thinking. To crack the verbal ability and logical reasoning section, toppers learn tips and tricks to solve and calculate faster. Most of the toppers use vedic maths and abacus. It helps in enhancing calculation and basic maths, which eventually saves a lot of time in the exam. Other than this, toppers generally go a step ahead by using unconventional out of the box thinking to solve questions.
Read | uLektz Wall of Fame is proud to announce Top 20 influential Women Educators in TamilNadu
6. Take a break, do not exhaust. CAT toppers burned lamps to get success but they never exhaust themselves. Every day they do a thing that helps them in relaxing. For some, it can be yoga and workout, whereas for others it can be painting or talking to loved ones.
Courtesy: The Indian Express
Download uLektz Apps for Latest Educational News / Events / Scholarships