Aeronautical Engineering – Introduction, Eligibility Criteria, Courses Available, Top Institutes/Universities in Aeronautical Engineering and Career Opportunities
Aeronautical Engineering – Introduction
A course in Aeronautical Engineering includes designing, manufacturing, testing and maintenance of aircraft in commercial aviation and defence sectors and involves the study of advanced level Physics and Mathematics.
* Undergraduate Level:
10+2 examination with Physics, Mathematics,Chemistry
* Post Graduate Level:
Undergraduate degree in Aeronautical / Aerospace A or related Engineering, or passed both Sections A and
B of AMAeSI (AeSI-Aeronautical Society of India)
* Doctoral Level
Must have completed post-graduation in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering
Must have a valid GATE score
Courses Available :
1. B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
2. B.E. in Aeronautical Engineering
3. M.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
4. M.Tech in Avionics
5. M.E. in Aeronautical Engineering
6. M.E. in Avionics
Top Institutes/Universities in Aeronautical Engineering :
1. Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Hyderabad
2. Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University, Manipal
3. Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Hindustan University, Chennai
4. Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Bengaluru
5. PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
6. Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai
7. Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Information, Technology (IIAEIT), Pune.
8. Indian Academy of Aeronautical Technology, Lucknow
* Aeronautical engineers get employment in organizations such as Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd, Defense Research and Development Laboratories, National Aeronautical Lab, Aeronautical Development
Establishment, Civil Aviation Department and in aircraft-manufacturing units.
* The Defence Industry and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) happen to be two major employment providers in India.