Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi conducted GATE 2020 exam on February 1, 2, 8 and 9 across 566 test centres in India and abroad. A total of 858,890 candidates registered for GATE 2020 for 25 subjects. The exam was conducted in online mode as a computer based test for all the 25 subjects.
The response sheets of candidates who appeared in GATE 2020 exam was released on February 12 while the answer key was released on February 18. Students were also allowed to challenge the answer key from February 19 to 21.
GATE 2020 result date has been announced as March 16 by IIT Delhi. However, the result can be expected before the announced result date of GATE 2020 as per the past trends. Students can check below important points related to GATE 2020 result, M.Tech admission and PSU recruitment.
1. GATE result is valid for three years from the date of announcement of result. Students can use their GATE score for admission in M.Tech or PSU recruitment up to three years.
2. GATE score card is released only for those candidates who qualify the exam. Students who do not qualify the exam are not issued a score card.
3. GATE score card is an official document as a proof of qualifying status. The score card mentions marks secured by candidate out of 100, along with the score out of 1000, all India rank, total number of candidates appeared for that particular subject and candidates basic details like name, photograph and signature.
4. There is no common counselling for M.Tech admission through GATE. Students have to apply individually to every institute in which admission is desired. Every institute releases an online application form alongside the announcement of GATE result.
Read also: A Brief View of Homeopathy Course
5. Students applying for M.Tech admission in IITs also need to register online for Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP), which is the platform where every IIT announces the admission status of candidates.
6. Students applying for M.Tech admission in NITs or IIITs/ GFTIs/ need to register for Centralised Counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan (CCMT) which is the portal where admission status of candidates will be released.
7. Many PSUs offer recruitment to graduate engineers in entry level positions with high salary packages. Students can refer to PSU recruitment through GATE for information regarding job opportunities in PSUs.
8. GATE is conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Bombay. Each year one IIT among seven is chosen for concluding the GATE exam.
9. GATE score of a candidate is the reflection of relative performance of candidates in perspective of technical as well as general aptitude.
10. Students opting for admission in M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch/Phd in Indian higher education institutes is provided financial assistance by MHRD and other government agencies
Courtesy: Careers 360
Download uLektz Apps for Latest Educational News / Events / Scholarships
Follow us: #facebook #twitter #linkedin also enroll our skill course