The University Grants Commission (UGC) is conducting a free online course on ‘Digital Marketing’ for those keen on pursuing the same.
Things to know
• This course is being offered through UGC’s Inter-University Centre CEC on the SWAYAM platform.
• UGC is offering a total of 78 undergraduate and 46 postgraduate non-engineering courses on the platform at present.
• This free online course is being offered in collaboration with the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
• The course will be conducted by Dr Tejinderpal Singh from Panjab University. Dr Singh holds a postgraduate degree from University Business School, Panjab University Chandigarh and Doctorate from Punjabi University Patiala.
What does the UGC course entail?
• This is a 15-week-long online course in which participants will be provided with a basic understanding of the fundamentals of digital marketing and also aims at inculcating the skills of digital marketing among students.
• The course has been designed to build a conceptual foundation of digital marketing and to develop the students’ skills to plan, implement, and monitor digital marketing campaigns in a globalised environment.
Participants will be introduced to the following topics:
• Introduction to digital marketing and its significance
• Traditional marketing vs digital marketing
• Digital marketing process
• Website planning and development
• Understanding domain and Webhosting
• Introduction to search engine optimisation
• Email marketing
• Designing and monitoring search campaigns
• Designing and monitoring video campaigns
• Google analytics: introduction and significance
• Monitoring traffic behaviour and preparing reports, etc.
Duration of the course – 15 weeks
The course begins – 4 January 2021
The course ends – 30 April 2021
Exam date – 9 May 2021
Enrolment ends – 28 February 2021
Books and References
1. The Art of Digital Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Creating Strategic, Targeted, and Measurable Online Campaigns by Ian Dodson, Wiley; 1st edition (2016)
2. Digital Marketing For Dummies by Ryan Deiss and Russ Henneberry, For Dummies
If you are keen on enrolling for this, please click here.