Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK universities. These scholarships are intended for candidates from least developed and lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries for full-time Masters’ study on selected courses.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), these Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
The University of Strathclyde, Glasgow is offering 6 scholarships under this scheme.
Important scholarship information
Number of scholarships: 6
Value: Tuition fees, living costs, return travel to the UK, and other expenses
Application deadline: April 9, 2021
Help with: Tuition fees, living costs, travel costs
Duration: One-off award
Level of Study: Postgraduate Taught
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person;
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in Sep/Oct 2021;
- Hold a first degree of *at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Masters degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree.
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country (as classified by the World Bank);
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship.
*The University will give preference to candidates who already hold a first degree with FIRST CLASS HONOURS (or equivalent).
Eligible courses for scholarship
The eligible courses for 2021 are:
- MSc Offshore Wind Energy
- MSc Applied Economics
- MSc Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology
- MSc Diplomacy & International Security
- MSc Environmental Engineering
- MSc Sustainable Engineering: Renewable Energy Systems and the Environment
COURTESY – INDIA TODAY