About the Program
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Doctoral Fellowships 2021 is a research opportunity offered to Indian scholars who are registered for Ph.D. in UGC-recognized institutes. The main aim of the ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship is to empower and hold young Indian social science researchers. The selected fellows will receive a fellowship of INR 20,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 20,000 per annum.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Doctoral Fellowships 2021, Deadline: 14-Aug-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Not be more than 40 years of age at the time of application
- Have a confirmed Ph.D. registration in UGC-recognized institutes of national importance, universities/deemed universities, ICSSR research institutes, and colleges having approved Ph.D. programme
- Have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in Graduation and 55% in Postgraduation or equivalent grades in any social science disciplines
(Note: Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability will be given)
Note: NET/SLET and M. Phil from a recognized university will carry weightage in the assessment of the research proposal. NET/SLET qualifications are not mandatory for eligibility purposes, however, the submission of the NET / SLET Certificate is mandatory to secure weightage in the assessment.
The selected candidates will receive the fellowship in the following way –
- Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship – INR 20,000 per month and the contingency grant is INR 20,000 per annum (for 2 years)
- Institutional Doctoral Fellowship – INR 20,000 per month and the contingency grant is INR 20,000 per annum (for 2 years)
- Short-term Doctoral Fellowship – INR 20,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 10,000 for the duration of the fellowship (for 6 months or till the date of Ph.D. submission, whichever is earlier)
Contingency Grant – A one-time grant not exceeding INR 62,500 incurred during the period of joining the fellowship and date of submission of thesis at the university.
- Abstract of the research proposal in about 500 words
- Summary of the thesis (in 3,000 to 4,000 words) and the research papers published
How can you apply?
The eligible candidate can apply for the post by using the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: After successful registration, log in using the registered email id and password.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and submit the application which includes the Research Proposal Format, namely, ‘Section IV: Details of Research Proposal’ given in the form.
Note – The applicants can apply through open advertisement on the ICSSR website.
- Application Deadline: 14th August 2021
- Applications are scrutinized and initial screening is done for eligibility and other conditions of the fellowship. Subject Group(s)/Expert Committee(s) shortlist the eligible proposals for the next stage of interaction/presentation.
- The shortlisted applicants are then invited for an interaction/ presentation (in person or through technology) before an Expert Committee.
- After the interaction, the Expert Committee/s makes the recommendation for the award by the ICSSR.
Note – For more details of the fellowship, kindly visit the website.
Terms and Conditions:
- The fellows have to stay and work full time at the affiliating University/Institute. However, they have to go for fieldwork sometimes.
- The fellowship is only for two years and can be extended under some exceptional circumstances.
The contingency grant can be utilized for books, stationery, computer-related costs, and fieldwork expense.
- The ICSSR has all the rights to publish the Ph.D. thesis.
- The fellow must not receive the fellowship from any other source.
- Privilege will be given to the less represented sections such as women and persons belonging to Educationally Backward Areas/Districts, minority communities, etc.
- The ICSSR reserves the right to cancel any application without prior notice.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com