About the Program
Tata Steel Jyoti Fellowship is an initiative of Tata Steel Foundation that aims to financially support meritorious students belonging to SC/ST categories to pursue their higher studies. Under this fellowship, students from Singhbhum (East and West) and Seraikela Kharsawan who are studying in Class 7, 8, undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and vocational (1st and 2nd year) courses are provided with variable awards to complete their education.
Tata Steel Foundation, a trust created by Tata Steel, has introduced this initiative to help meritorious students continue their education through financial assistance.
Tata Steel Jyoti Fellowship SC/ST Students for College Level – 2nd Year 2021, Deadline: 25-Aug-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a permanent resident of Singhbhum (East & West) and Seraikela Kharswan
- Belong to SC/ST categories
- Be currently studying in the second year of study in 2021 in one of the courses mentioned below –
Degree (General stream)
- Post Graduation (General stream)
- Agriculture/Forestry (Degree level)
- Diploma/Degree in Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA)
- BA/Vocational course in Journalism /Mass Communication
- BA/Vocational course in English Language and Literature
- BSc/Vocational course in Biotechnology
- BCom/Vocational courses in Advertising Sales Promotion and Sales Management
- BCom/Vocational course in Office Management and Secretarial Practices
- BCom/Vocational course in Principle and Practices of Insurance
- BA/Vocational course in Fashion Technology
- BA/Vocational course in Multimedia / Animation/ Designing
- BSc/Vocational course in Computer Sciences/ IT
- Have secured at least 40% marks in their first-year annual examination
- The selected students will receive variable awards under the scheme.
- Aadhar Card of student
- Caste certificate
- Mark sheet of the previous examination
- Residential certificate
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) Card or Income certificates
- Bank Pass book’s first-page having Account Details
- Two passport-size photographs
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ to visit the application format.
Step 2: Read the instructions carefully and scroll down to find the application form.
Step 3: Fill in all the required details in the online application form.
Step 4: Submit the completed application form.
Step 5: After the online submission of the application, send the documents mentioned above to –
The office of Tribal Cultural Society (Address-E-Road Northern Town, Post-Office + Police Station-Bistupur, District-East Singhbhum, State-Jharkhand, Pin-831001, Contact Person-Abhishek Mukhi-7717723251) on or before 30th August 2021
Terms and Conditions:
- Wards of employees of Tata Group of companies and wards of employees of government and government undertaking are not eligible.
- If at any stage of the fellowship it is found that a candidate has provided false information, her/his fellowship will be terminated.
- Candidates should have a bank account and provide their bank account details in the online form, failing of which the form shall be rejected.
- The candidates belonging to economically backward section/ Below Poverty Line (BPL) will be given special preference.
- Girls are especially encouraged to apply.
- Candidates once selected for Class 7 and 8 fellowship will be eligible for the fellowship till Class 12, subject to securing at least 45% marks in their school annual exam.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com