The Government College (Autonomous) is located on the banks of River Godavari in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India. It has been recognized as the ‘College with Potential for Excellence’ by the University Grants Commission in 2016.
The Government Arts College was started as a District school in 1853 and was upgraded as a Provincial school of Madras Presidency in 1868. It was made a college in 1885. It was affiliated to University of Madras in 1891 and later to Andhra University in 1926.
The college offers undergraduates and postgraduate programmes in arts and science affiliated to the Adikavi Nannaya University. It has been accredited by NAAC with an A+ Grade (CGPA 3.38).
- To emerge as an outstanding academic institution with quest for excellence in teaching, learning and research to impart, sustain and apply knowledge and skills in an interdisciplinary environment with consideration for ethical, social and ecological values to carve out professionals of integrity and character for nation building.
- To extend equal opportunities to learning through relevant, innovative programs and services.
- To provide global knowledge and skill-sets to span academia, industry and life.
- To be a custodian of Indian culture and heritage.
- To be a catalyst for societal transformation through sustainable community extension programs.
- To build a generation of nationalistic, environment-conscious and globally competitive professionals with wholesome values and attitudes.
- B.A. (Conventional)
- B.A. (Restructured)
- B.A. (Hons)
- B.A/M.A (5 Yer Integrated UG/PG Program with Civil Services Coaching)
- BBA (Restructured)
- B.Com (Conventional)
- B.Com (Restructured)
- B.Com (Hons)
- B.Sc. (Conventional)
- B.Sc. (Restructured)
- B.Sc. (Hons)
- B.Voc (Vocational)
- Chemistry (M.Phil/Ph.D)
- Physics (M.Phil/Ph.D)
- Mathematics (M.Phil/Ph.D)
- Telugu (M.Phil/Ph.D)
- Commerce (M.Phil/Ph.D)
- Zoology (M.Phil/Ph.D)
- Botany (M.Phil/Ph.D)
- Biotechnology (M.Phil/Ph.D)
- Geology (M.Phil/Ph.D)