About the Program
The Government of Karnataka has announced the Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, Karnataka 2021 for minorities students. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, Karnataka 2021, Deadline: 31-Aug-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be a student of Class 9.
- Have secured at least 55% of marks or equivalent grade in Class 8 examination (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST students).
- Have secured at least 55% of marks or equivalent grade in Class 7 examination to appear for the selection test for the award of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2.5 lakh from all sources.
Note: The scholarship is applicable for Class 9 students and their continuation/renewal in Class 10 and 12 for study in State Government/Government-aided/Local body schools.
- A total of 1 lakh scholarships will be disbursed under this scheme. The selected scholars will receive INR 12,000 per annum (INR 1,000 per month).
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ link below.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Create an Account’ button.
Step 3: Once the account is created, log in to proceed with the application.
Step 4: Fill in all the required details and upload all necessary documents.
Step 5: Submit the application form.
- Scholarship closing date: 31st August 2021
The students will be selected on the basis of the selection test conducted by each state/UT namely,
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The students are required to pass both the tests with at least 40% marks in each (For the reserved category, the cut off will be 32% marks).
Terms and Conditions:
- The students studying in NVS, Sainik Schools, KVS and private schools cannot apply for this scholarship.
- The State Bank of India disburses the scholarship to students in their accounts through PFMS (Public Finance Management System).
- Reservations are applicable as per state government norms.
- For renewal/continuation of the scholarship in class 10 and 12, the awardees are required to get clear promotion from class 9 to 10 and from class 11 to 12 in the first attempt with 55% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- For continuation of scholarship at the higher secondary stage (class 10), the awardees must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in class 10 (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST).
- The students of Class 9 and 10 are required to apply for the scholarship under the Pre-Matric Scholarship category whereas students of class 11 and 12 are required to apply under the Post-Matric Scholarship category.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com