About the Program
ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious Students is an initiative of ONGC Foundation that aims to financially support meritorious students belonging to SC/ST/OBC and General categories pursue their higher studies. Under this scholarship, the students studying in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics/Geology programme are provided with a scholarship of INR 48,000 per annum to complete their education.
ONGC Foundation, a trust created by ONGC, has introduced this scholarship as part of its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative to help meritorious students coming from marginalised sections of the society.
ONGC Foundation Scholarship Scheme for OBC Category Students 2020-21, Deadline: 05-Sep-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Belong to OBC category.
- Be a 1st year graduate in Engineering or MBBS course or 1st year Master’s degree student in Geology/Geophysics or MBA programme.
- Have obtained a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA in class 12 for Engineering and MBBS courses and a minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA in graduation for PG courses in Geophysics/Geology and MBA (Note: The minimum CGPA/OGPA should be 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system).
- Have a gross family income of less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum from all sources.
- Not be more than 30 years of age as on 1st July 2020.
- A total of 500 students will be selected under this scholarship programme. The selected scholars will get a lump sum amount of INR 4,000 per month, i.e., INR 48,000 per annum.
- Certified copy of Caste Certificate in Hindi/English.
- Copy of Birth Certificate/Class 10 marksheet as proof of age.
- Copy of Class 12 marksheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students.
- Copy of consolidated Graduation marksheet in case of MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students.
- Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language.
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form attested by the bank as prescribed.
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available).
- Copy of Aadhaar Card.
- Copy of undertaking.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ and start a new application.
Step 2: Fill in the required details.
Step 3: Upload the supporting documents. Complete the application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and attested by the Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University (to be uploaded and same required to be shared in hard copies) and send it to the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application format.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Terms and Conditions
- 50% scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- The scholarship amount shall be paid on a yearly basis after completion of the academic year. It will be deposited directly in the bank account of the student through the ECS facility.
- Once awarded, the scholarship shall be continued every year till the completion of the course subject to the promotion of the student to the next year of his/her course.
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be discontinued if the candidate is not promoted to next year by their respective Institute/College/University.
- For the continuation of the scholarship, the student will have to send an ‘Application for Renewal’ in the prescribed format.
- In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after awarding of ONGC scholarship, he/she has to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC Foundation.
- The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source. However, students receiving tuition fee waiver/reimbursement of tuition fees from the State Government are eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is admissible for full-time regular courses only.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/Institute/College in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com