WDHOF Members are the pioneers, leaders, innovators and world record holders throughout the international diving community.
These areas of diving and undersea endeavors include: the Arts, Science, Medicine, Exploration & Technology, Underwater Archeology, Business, Media, Training & Education, Safety, Commercial & Military Diving, Free Diving, and Underwater Sports.
The Women Divers Hall of Fame ™ (WDHOF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring and raising awareness of the contributions of outstanding women divers. WDHOF provides educational, mentorship, financial, and career opportunities to the diving community throughout the world. Each year, WDHOF awards scholarships and training grants that provide financial and educational support to individuals of all ages.
Marine Conservation Graduate Scholarship
Applications are now open and will close on October 31, 2021.
Up to five scholarships ($2000 each) will be awarded to qualified women of any age who are enrolled in an accredited graduate academic or research program in the field of marine conservation.
One scholarship will be awarded to a woman or man to support a graduate project in applied marine conservation biology. Women or men with current enrollment in a marine science or marine policy degree-granting graduate program are eligible to apply.
These scholarships are intended to support independent research and/or fieldwork at an accredited university; they will not support tuition, living expenses or student loan payments. The applicant should clearly state how the intended use of the scholarship will advance marine conservation. A research proposal detailing the conservation objectives, methods, and anticipated results is required.
There are six graduate scholarships ($2000 each) offered for 2021-2022:
- Max Benjamin Memorial Graduate Conservation Scholarship, sponsored by WDHOF Member Cecilie Benjamin in memory of her husband Max (1 award – $2000) (women only)
- Rachel Morrison Memorial Graduate Conservation Scholarship, sponsored by John and Jeanne Morrison in memory of their daughter Rachel Morrison (1 award – $2000) (women only)
- Marine Conservation Graduate Scholarship, sponsored by WDHOF Member Meg Donat (1 award – $2000) (women only)
- NEW FOR 2021-2022: Captain Wayne Hasson Memorial Applied Marine Conservation Graduate Research Scholarship(1 award – $2000) to support a graduate project in applied marine conservation biology. Women or men with current enrollment in a marine science or marine policy degree-granting graduate program are eligible to apply. Sponsored by the Sea of Change Foundation (WDHOF Member Anne Hasson), in loving memory of Wayne Hasson, a family man, Marine, scuba diver extraordinaire and instructor, boat captain, pilot, world traveler, and a true pioneer in the scuba diving industry.
- Marine Conservation Graduate Scholarship, sponsored by donations to the Women Divers Hall of Fame Scholarship Fund (2 awards – $2000 each) (women only)
Courtesy – WDHOF