About the Program
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program is an initiative of SBI General Insurance Company Limited to financially support COVID-19 affected students to complete their education. Under this scholarship, the students from Class 9 to 12, and Graduation (General and Professional) courses, who have lost their parent(s) or whose earning family members have lost their employment (or livelihood) during COVID-19 pandemic will be provided with a financial support of up to INR 38,500 per annum to cover their academic expenses.
SBI General Insurance Company Ltd, a joint-venture general insurance company of State Bank of India (SBI) and other investors, has introduced this scholarship as part of its CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative to support COVID-19 affected students. The company offers a wide range of general insurance products in retail and commercial space at affordable prices to make insurance accessible to all individuals and businesses.
SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program 2021, Deadline: 31-Oct-2021
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- Students who have been through any of the below two crisis situation –
- Lost their parent(s)/earning family member since January 2020, OR Earning family member lost their job/employment during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Applicants must be studying in Class 9 to 12 and undergraduate (General and Professional) courses.
- Applicants should be currently enrolled and continuing their education.
- Annual family income of the applicant should not be more than INR 6,00,000 (6 Lakh) from all sources.
- Children of employees of SBI General and Buddy4Study are not eligible.
The scholars selected for this scholarship will receive the following benefits –
- For Class 9 to 12 students – INR 29,500 per annum
- For Graduation students – INR 38,500 per annum
- The scholarship amount also includes computer/tablet/mobile allowance to every scholar with an upper limit of INR 8,500 per beneficiary.
- The scholarship fund can be utilized only for academic purposes which include tuition fees, hostel fees, internet, books, stationery, online learning, etc.
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhaar card
- Family income proof (Salary Slip, Form 16, Income Certificate, ITR, etc.)
- Marksheet of previous educational qualification
- Current academic year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Proof of crisis (death certificate of patent(s) or proof of job loss)
- Reference from a person who knows the family’s crisis (Can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.)
- Bank account details of the scholarship applicant or parents (cancelled cheque/passbook copy)
How can you apply?
- Click the ‘Apply Now’.
- Login to Buddy4Study with your registered ID and land onto the ‘Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study – Register at Buddy4Study with your Email/Mobile/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘SBI General Suraksha Support Scholarship Program’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com