About the Program
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2021 is an initiative to encourage young women across India to pursue a career in science. It provides a level playing ground to girl students, especially from rural India and low socio-economic backgrounds, to get access to quality education in some of India’s best science institutions by offering financial support and mentorship throughout their undergraduate studies. The scholarships are limited to students securing admissions in the 12 listed science colleges. The selected fellows will receive a scholarship worth INR 2,40,000 (INR 80,000 per annum) for 3 years of study.
Dr. Reddy’s Foundation Sashakt Scholarship 2021, Deadline: 30-Oct-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian national
- Be a girl student
- Have a record of academic excellence
- Opt for a B.Sc. program in pure/natural scienceNote: Preference will be given to students with rural backgrounds, economically weak backgrounds, and interest in scientific research.
The selected fellows will receive the following awards & benefits:
- Scholarship worth INR 2,40,000 (INR 80,000 per year) for three years of study, which covers the college tuition fees, study expenses and basic living costs.
- The scholars are guided through the crucial stages of their education, apart from having a role model for a career in science with the help of a leading women scientist as a mentor.
The following documents shall be required to be uploaded during the application process:
- Class 10th certificate (mandatory)
- Class 10th mark sheet (optional)
- Class 10+2 mark sheet (mandatory)
- Class 10+2 certificate (optional)
- Income certificate (mandatory for household income less than INR 5 lakhs)
- Disability certificate (mandatory for PwD candidates)
How can you apply?
The eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship using the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now”
Step 2: Fill in the required information and register.
Step 3: After successful registration, fill in the application and upload the relevant documents.
Step 4: Select the institution, and submit.
Note – The applicant needs to have a confirmed admission offer in any one of the listed colleges. Admission slips will need to be submitted to avail the scholarship.
- Application Starting Date – 1st May 2021
- Application Deadline – 30th October 2021
- The applicants will be selected based on merit in Class 12 and overall academic record.
Terms and Conditions;
The scholarship will be given only to students who have confirmed admissions to any of the colleges listed below –
- Bangalore – Christ University, Mount Carmel College, St Joseph’s College, The Oxford College of Science
- Chennai – Madras Christian College, Stella Maris College, Women’s Christian College
- Delhi – Miranda House, Hindu College, St. Stephen’s College, Kirori Mal College, Hansraj College, ARSD, Gargi College
- Hyderabad – St. Francis Degree College for Women, St. Ann’s College for Women
- Kolkata – Vivekananda College, Madhyamgram
- Mumbai – Mithibai College, St Xavier’s College, Sophia College for Women
- The final disbursement of the Scholarship amount to the applicant shall be made on the basis of the fee receipt evidencing part payment, submitted by the applicant.
- DRF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to reject or disqualify any application.
- DRF reserves the right, to use the photograph/profile of the scholarship applicant/beneficiary for future publication use, disclosures, and communication purposes with DRF’s stakeholders.
- The students who receive the scholarship must be regular in attendance and pass all performance parameters as decided by the competent authority of the school/college/University.
- DRF reserves its right to independently verify and assess the claims made by candidates/beneficiaries regarding their family financial status.
- This is a beneficiary scheme of DRF and is not as a matter of right to be claimed by candidates of economically weaker sections of society or otherwise.
Note – For more information, kindly visit the website.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com