About the Program
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be pursuing studies at Graduate/Postgraduate/Diploma level in notified institutions of excellence in education
- Have more than 40% disability and a valid certificate for the same
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 6,00,000
A total of 300 scholarships are given under this scheme. The selected candidates receive the following benefits:
- Reimbursement of Tuition Fees and Non-refundable Charges Payable to the Institute: Up to INR 2 lakh per annum (subject to actual amount)
- Reimbursement of Expenses for the purchase of a Computer with Accessories: INR 30,000 (one-time grant)
- Reimbursement of expenses for the purchase of Aids and Assistive Devices: INR 30,000 (one-time grant)
- Maintenance Allowance for Hostellers: INR 3,000 per month
- Maintenance Allowance for Day Scholars: INR 1,500 per month
- Book Grant (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 5,000 per annum
- Special Allowances: INR 2,000 per month
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability Certificate
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Scholarship closing date: 31st December 2021
Last date for defect verification: 15th January 2022
Last date for Institute verification: 15th January 2022
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship can be given to a maximum of two children of the same family (admissible if the second child is a twin).
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be given only for one year. On repeating the class, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- 50% of the total scholarships will be reserved for girl candidates.
Courtesy – buddy4study