International Women’s Day is an occasion to celebrate and salute the invincible spirit, determination, courage and dedication of women. Women faculty members, scientists, researchers, students and staff members of Banaras Hindu University, with their hard work, talent and perseverance have, time and again made the institution proud by achieving new milestones at various national and international platforms. As a gesture of respect and honor to these shining achievements of BHU’s Women Power, Information and Public Relations Office, Banaras Hindu University, ran a special Social Media Campaign named “WONDER WOMEN OF BHU”. Under the campaign, remarkable achievements of some of the women achievers from various institutes, faculties, departments/centers were highlighted over various Social Media Platforms of the university like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn.
As part of the campaign, achievements of following members of Banaras Hindu University were highlighted on social media.
· Prof. Madhoolika Agrawal, Dean, Faculty of Science (Selection for the JC Bose National fellowship of Science and Engineering Research Board, Department of Science and technology, Government of India)
· Prof. Neelam Srivastava, Department of Physics, Mahila Mahavidyalaya, BHU (Grant of Patent named Electrolysis of Starch-Based Electrolytes)
· Dr. Vidhi Nagar, Department of Dance, Faculty of Performing Arts (First ever D.Lit. in Kathak Dance in India & “Girija Devi” Award by Uttar Pradesh Hindi Sansthan)
· Dr. Geeta Rai (Grant of Patent & Nomination as member of Subject Expert Committee constituted by Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India)
· Dr. Priyanka Jha, Department of Political Science, Faculty of Social Sciences (Dr. D. C. Pavate Memorial Visiting Fellowship at University of Cambridge)
· Dr. Chandana Basu, Scientist, Centre For Genetic Disorders, Institute of Science (Only scientist in a global team of researchers which came up with a pathbreaking work on fingerprint patterning and Selection for Young Investigators Meeting 2021)
· Dr. Mousumi Mutsuddi, Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Institute of Science (SERB-Power Fellowship by Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India) and
· Dr. Kavita Meena, Department of Anaesthesiology, Institute of Medical Sciences (Fellowship at IIM Indore & Felicitation by Directorate of Medical Education & Medical Health, Uttar Pradesh)
Courtesy : Indian Educationary.com