Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support 2022 is an initiative by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) for Ph.D./M.D./M.S./M.D.S/M.V.Sc. degree holders. The MATRICS scheme is aimed to provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences. The selected fellows will receive a research grant of INR 2 lakh per annum for a period of three years.
To be eligible, a candidate must –
- Be an active researcher in the field of Mathematical Sciences and allied areas, Science and Engineering or Social Sciences
- Hold a Ph.D. or MD/MS/MDS/MVSc degree
- Be working on a regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions
- Have completed a Ph.D, or M.D./M.S./MDS/MVSc degree at least five years prior to the submission of the proposal in order to gain individual experience
- Have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as of the date of submission of the proposal
The selected fellows will receive a research grant of INR 2 lakh per annum for a period of three years.
The following documents are required (in PDF) :
- 1-2 page(s) project proposal
- List of ten most significant publications
- List of all publications in the last five years
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
Follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
Step 2: Fill in the required details to ‘Register’ on the ‘SERB Online Portal’.
Step 3: After successful registration, login and fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Details Section under User Profile which includes Bio-data (as per defined template), Photo, Institute Address, etc. and submit.
Application Start Date – 23rd February 2022
Application Deadline – 22nd March 2022
The selection will be based on the recommendations of an Expert Committee and the criteria of consideration would be –
- Credentials of PI
- Publications record
- Mathematical/theoretical content of the proposal
Terms and Conditions
- An applicant is eligible to submit only one proposal during a call.
- Co-PIs are not allowed in the scheme.
- PIs who have received a grant under MATRICS/CREST cannot apply under SERB International
- Travel Support Scheme during the project duration.
- Proposals submitted need to be original and plagiarism in any form will not be acceptable.
- Applicants are requested to pre-check their proposals for plagiarism before uploading to avoid any serious repercussions at a later stage.