To be eligible for the Class of 2023, you must be a New American who is 30 or younger as of the application deadline, and who is planning on starting or continuing an eligible graduate degree program full-time in the United States in the 2023-2024 academic year. You may apply to the Fellowship while you are applying to graduate school, or after you are already enrolled in graduate school. However, if you are in a graduate program for which you are seeking support, then you cannot have started a third or subsequent year of that program as of the October 27th deadline.
Check the detailed Eligibility Criteria by clicking on the link
The application for the 2023 Fellowship is due on October 27, 2022. The top 77 applicants for the 2023 cycle will be designated “finalists” and will be asked to appear for virtual interviews in late January and early February of 2023. The 30 2023 Fellowship winners, selected from among the 77 finalists, will be notified in March of 2023. They will begin to receive stipend and tuition support from the program in the fall of 2023.
The application includes the following sections:
- A confirmation of your eligibility
- Your personal and contact information
- Your higher-education history
- The graduate program[s] for which you seek support
- Recommendations (3 required, up to 5 accepted)
- Required submissions: Resume, two essays, transcripts (college, graduate), scores of standardized tests (if they are or were required for admission to your graduate program)
- Optional exhibits
All application materials must be submitted online through the online application. Any hard copies of materials received will not be included in the application or returned to the sender. The application for the 2023 Fellowship can be accessed via the online portal.