To be eligible, an applicant must
- Hold a minimum of four UG courses in Basic Science such as Botany, Zoology, Applied Life Science, Microbiology, Physiology/Biochemistry, Biotechnology etc. (For Urban Category)
Hold at least three UG courses in Basic Science such as Botany, Zoology, Applied Life Science, Microbiology, Physiology/Biochemistry, Biotechnology etc. (For Rural Category)
- The selected candidates will receive a one-time non-recurring grant of INR 10 lakhs per science department, a recurring grant of INR 3 lakhs per science department per year for a period of three years, subject to satisfactory annual review, up to INR 3 lakhs subject to their departments for mentoring and monitoring per college and INR 1 lakh per year under contingency head will be provided.
- The scheme encourages the purchase of multiple copies of routine equipment required for science practicals in UG courses within a ceiling of INR 1 lakh. For the purchase of equipment costing more than one lakh and up to three lakhs, prior approval of DBT is required.
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button and read all details carefully.
Step 2: Click on the given link and log in using valid credentials. (Note – If the applicant is not registered, please register using valid details.)
Step 3: Submit the signed and stamped hardcopy version of the proposal submitted via eProMIS to the below-mentioned address –
Dr. Garima Gupta, Scientist ‘F’
Star College Scheme, HRD & Infrastructure Unit,
Department of Biotechnology
Ministry of Science & Technology, Block-3, 5th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline – 1st July 2022
Applications will be screened by the task force and site visits, if required, will be undertaken to arrive at the final decision. The decision of the Task Force will be final.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicant colleges to visit the DBT website to take cognizance of Star College scheme guidelines and develop the proposals accordingly.
- The curriculum/syllabus should be submitted only with a soft copy to avoid bulking the proposal.
Incomplete applications or those that are not prepared as per the instructions, will not be entertained.
- Consideration will be given to regional requirements, women’s colleges, autonomous colleges etc