To be eligible, an applicant must
- Not be more than 40 years of age at the time of application (Note: Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability will be given)
- Have a confirmed Ph.D. registration in UGC-recognized institutes of national importance, universities/deemed universities, ICSSR research institutes, and colleges having approved Ph.D. programme
- Have obtained a minimum of 45% marks in Graduation and 55% in Post graduation or equivalent grades in any social science disciplines
Note: NET/SLET and M. Phil from a recognized university will carry weightage in the assessment of the research proposal. NET/SLET qualifications are not mandatory for eligibility purposes, however, the submission of the NET / SLET Certificate is mandatory to secure weightage in the assessment.
The selected candidates will receive the fellowship in the following way –
- Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship – INR 20,000 per month and the contingency grant is INR 20,000 per annum (for 2 years)
- Institutional Doctoral Fellowship – INR 20,000 per month and the contingency grant is INR 20,000 per annum (for 2 years)
- Short-term Doctoral Fellowship – INR 20,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 10,000 for the duration of the fellowship (for 6 months or till the date of Ph.D. submission, whichever is earlier)
Contingency Grant – A one-time grant not exceeding INR 62,500 incurred during the period of joining the fellowship and date of submission of thesis at the university.
Abstract of the research proposal in about 500 words
Summary of the thesis (in 3,000 to 4,000 words) and the research papers published
How can you apply?
The eligible candidate can apply for the post by using the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Login to Apply’ and log in using the registered email id and password. (Note – If the applicant is not registered, please register using valid credentials.)
Step 3: Fill in all required details and submit the application which includes the Research Proposal Format, namely, ‘Section IV: Details of Research Proposal’ given in the form.
Application Deadline – 8th July 2022
The candidates will be selected through the following procedure –
- Applications are scrutinized and initial screening is done for eligibility and other conditions of the fellowship. Subject Group(s)/Expert Committee(s) shortlist the eligible proposals for the next stage of interaction/presentation.
- The shortlisted applicants are then invited for an interaction/presentation (in person or through technology) before an Expert Committee.
- After the interaction, the Expert Committee/s makes the recommendation for the award by the ICSSR.
Terms and Conditions
- The fellows have to stay and work full time at the affiliating University/Institute. However, they have to go for fieldwork sometimes.
- The fellowship is only for two years and can be extended under some exceptional circumstances.
- The contingency grant can be utilized for books, stationery, computer-related costs, and fieldwork expense.
- The ICSSR has all the rights to publish the Ph.D. thesis.
- The fellow must not receive the fellowship from any other source.
- Privilege will be given to the less represented sections such as women and persons belonging to Educationally Backward Areas/Districts, minority communities, etc.
- The ICSSR reserves the right to cancel any application without prior notice.