To be eligible, an applicant must –
1. Be a citizen of West Bengal
2. Have passed the class 12 examination in the year 2022
3. Have secured 85% marks or more from WBCHSE (West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education) or 90% or more from ISC/CBSE
4. Be pursuing undergraduate courses in streams such as Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Law, Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretary, and Cost Accountancy from any recognized University/Institution in India
5. Have an annual family income of less than INR 3 lakh (Note – For extra meritorious students, maximum family income criteria may be relaxed in specific cases at the Trustees’ discretion.) OR
need financial help to pursue further studies.
The selected candidates will receive the following benefits –
- Scholarship of up to INR 50,000 per year to cover the tuition fees and hostel fees
- Additional one-time payment of INR 7,000 towards the purchase of books in the first year of college
Note – The scholarship will be granted to students for one year at a time and to be continued upon satisfactory performance by the student in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust, up to the completion of the course subject to a ceiling of 4 years, on yearly basis.
- A completed and signed copy of the application form
- Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or collegian which the applicant will pursue further studies
- Copy of Class 12 marksheet
- Annual Family Income Proof Certificate –
- Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate (in case the Father or Mother is in Employment with
- Government or Private Sector) or
- Copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars, Councillors, etc. (in any other case).
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship can apply in two ways, online or offline –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Please click here to apply’ to access the online application form.
Step 3: Fill in the details, attach the necessary documents and submit the form.
Offline Process –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and read the details.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘download’ in the first section of the page to download the application form.
Step 3: Fill in the details, attach the necessary documents and send the below mentioned address by post –
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation,
78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata – 700019
(Landmark. Calcutta Ice Skating Rink)