To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Belong to the SC/ST category
- Be pursuing a professional course at the postgraduate level
- Be studying in any of the following Institutions/Colleges/Universities:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and12(B) of UGC Act
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and are eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government
Institutes of National Importance
Note – The candidates pursuing a postgraduate course in professional subjects through correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
The selected candidates under M.E./M.Tech. course will receive INR 7,800 per month for the duration of the PG course and students pursuing other courses will receive INR 4,500 per month.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.