To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a girl student
- be admitted to the first year of diploma/degree level course OR
- be admitted to the second year of diploma/degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE-approved institutions of the respective year
- Have a family income of less than INR 8 lakh per annum
Note – Up to two girls per family are eligible for this scholarship.
The selected candidates will receive INR 50,000 per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum of 3 years for students admitted to the first year and a maximum of 2 years for students admitted to the first year through lateral entry. The scholarship amount will be provided as a lump sum amount towards payment of college fees, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipment, software etc.
Note – No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- Marksheet of Cass 10 and 12 (as applicable)
- A valid income certificate issued by State/ UT Government
- Admission letter for getting admission in a degree/diploma course issued by the Directorate of Technical Education
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institute
- Receipt of tuition fee
- Bank account passbook seeded with the Aadhaar card indicating applicant’s photograph, account number, and IFSC code
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC, ST, or OBC candidates)
- Aadhaar card
- Duly signed declaration by parents confirming the accuracy of information provided in the application form
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.