To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a COVID-19 impacted ward i.e., either or both parents died due to COVID 19 OR
- be a ward of Armed Forces and Central Paramilitary Forces martyred in action (Shaheed)
- have a family income of less than INR 8 lakh per annum
- be currently studying in the AICTE-approved institutions and courses at degree/diploma level in regular mode (in 1st/2nd/3rd/4th year)
- be not be a recipient of any of the Central Govt./State Govt./AICTE sponsored scholarships
The eligible candidates will receive INR 50,000 per annum for every year of study as a lump sum amount towards payment of college fees, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipment, software, etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Note – In case a student is currently studying in the 2nd /3rd/4th year at degree level the duration of the scholarship will be reduced to 3/2/1 year respectively. Similarly, for students currently studying in the 2nd /3rd year at diploma level, the duration of the scholarship will be reduced to 2/1 year respectively.
- Bonafide Certificate issued by the institution.
- Class 12/equivalent and Class 10 marksheet
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL)
- Current year income certificate issued by Competent Authority [For Wards of Armed Forces and Central Paramilitary Forces martyred in action (Shaheed)]
- Death Certificate of Father/Mother or both explicitly mentioning that the death was due to COVID -19 [For Candidates whose either or both Parents Died due to COVID 19]
- Death Certificates of both Father & Mother (if available) [For Orphan Candidates]
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.