To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian Scientists/Technologists
- An associate with a mission or thrust area program of CSIR or an area of interest to CSIR
- Have impactful scientific and/or technological contributions during the last 10 years
Note: Applicant can be an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who is working in India
- Annual grant of Rs. 25 lakh will be awarded to the selected candidates out of which 10 Lakh will be for travel purposes.
- The candidates, who are still an employee, will get a fellowship amount of INR 50,000 per month along with the existing salary.
- For retired awardees, the fellowship amount will be equivalent to the salary drawn by the Secretary to the GOI after adjusting the pension.
- The Annual Grant shall be up to the ceiling of Rs 40 lakh.
- Passport size photograph
- Complete list of publication and patents
- List of books/reviews authored
- Awards and honours received (if available)
- Other relevant documents
How can you apply?
The nominations shall be made by designated authorities. Follow the below steps to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ tab and read the instructions before applying.
Step 2: Download the nomination format.
Step 3: Fill in the required details.
Step 4: Send a hard copy and soft copy (in PDF) of the completed nomination to –
Dr Inderpal Singh
Scientist Incharge – SSB YSA Unit
Human Resource Development Group
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa
New Delhi 110 012