To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be up to 32 years of age as on the date of application (Note – Relaxation of up to 5 years in age is given to SC/ST/OBC/PH and women candidates.)
- Be a new Ph.D./MS/MD degree holder or who has been awarded the degree in recent 3 years OR
- Hold a provisional Ph.D./M.S./M.D. degree
- The PDF guide should have a minimum designation of a Scientist-C grade.
- Postgraduate medical students can also apply for the fellowship in MCI-recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein a minimum of three batches have obtained their postgraduate degrees.
A total of 50 fellowships are given every year, which will include –
- A consolidated fellowship grant of INR 65,000 per month
- House rent allowance (if the fellows are receiving accommodation by the ICMR centres/institutes, the HRA will not be paid to them)
- Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) as admissible
- A contingency grant of INR 3 lakhs per annum (25% of contingency grant can be used for travel including per diem expenses)
The following documents should be attached along with the application:
- Photograph of the applicant
- Affidavit of carrying different names/surnames in the certificates (if applicable)
- Attested copy of school leaving/high school/secondary school certificate (for the date of birth)
- Attested copies of grade cards/mark sheets and degrees for B.Sc/M.Sc/M.Phil/Ph.D., BE/ME/Ph.D., B.Pharm./M.Pharm./Ph.D., M.B.B.S./M.D./M.S.
- List of publications
- Reprints of publications
- A one-page summary of the Ph.D. thesis (six copies)
- Attested copies of letters of acceptance of papers accepted for publication and reprints
- Seven copies of the detailed research proposal
- Testimonials from 2 referees
- Attested copy of the Caste Certificate (if applicable)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship –
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button below and read all details.
Step 2: Download the application form.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and attach all supporting documents.
Step 4:Send the completed application in all respect to the below-mentioned address with ‘Application for ICMR CENTENARY – Post Doctoral Fellowship’ written on top of the envelope –
Dr N.C. Jain
Scientist-G & Head,
Division of Human Resource Planning and Development,
Indian Council of Medical Research Headquarters,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110029