To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Be a graduate with excellent academic results and a passion for research
- Have good skills in written and spoken English
- Have good reports from academic referees
- SINGA is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Singapore.
- Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students studying/who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible.
- A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including –
- Tuition fees
- A monthly stipend of USD 2,200 will be increased to USD 2,700 after the passing the qualifying examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to USD 1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of USD 1,000
The estimated cost of living in Singapore –
|Item||Per Student (USD per month)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On-Campus*||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
*Note – Priority for on-campus accommodation is usually given to first-year students.
- Valid passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports (Note – All transcripts need to be in English translation)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on the candidature if the degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
- Applicants applying to NUS supervisors/projects are required to submit their GRE scores in the SINGA application form. (Note – For all other applicants, they are requested by the university to submit satisfactory GRE scores as part of the university admission requirement.)
- The submission of IELTS/TOEFL/SAT I & II/GATE results (Optional)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Application Procedure’ and click on the given link.
Step 3: Fill in the required details to ‘Register’.
Step 4: After successful registration, log in using valid credentials.
Step 5: Fill in the application form, upload the relevant documents and submit the form.