To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a citizen or permanent resident of India
- be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme as a new international student at the University of Waikato
- have secured a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+ in the qualification used to gain entrance to the University of Waikato
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
Note -The applicants who are taking admission to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body/Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement are not eligible for the scholarship.
The value of the scholarship offered will be up to NZD $15,000. Some applicants may be offered a portion of this amount ranging from NZD $2,500 and upwards.
For undergraduate students, the scholarship value and tenure offered will be one of the following values/tenures –
- One-year tenure – Up to $8,000 applied to tuition fees in the first year of full-time study (a minimum of 120 points).
- More than one year tenure –
- Two years’ tenure: Up to $12,000, with no more than $8,000 in the first year of study and no more than $4,000 in the second year of full-time study.
- Three years tenure: Up to $15,000, with no more than $8,000 in their first year of study, no more than $4,000 in year two, and no more than $3,000 in year three of full-time study.
For postgraduate students, the scholarship will have a tenure of one year only and a value of up to $15,000, which will be applied to the first year of full-time postgraduate study.
- The number of scholarships offered and the value of each scholarship offered are at the discretion of the Scholarships Committee.
- The disbursal will be based on criteria such as funding available, intended programme of study, duration of intended programme of study, number of credits enrolled and GPA equivalency.
- It may also be based on but not limited to financial need, total available funding, number of applicants, and chosen degree programme.
A conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
How can you apply?
The candidates can apply for the scholarship using the below-mentioned criteria –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to the ‘Next Step’ button and click on it.
Step 3: Click on ‘Application to Enrol’ to create a Waikato account. (Note – The applicants who already have an account can log in using valid credentials.)
Step 4: After creating a Waikato account, go to ‘Scholarships and Awards’ section to access the application form.
Step 5: Click on the’Apply Now’ button to proceed with the application process.
Step 6: Fill in the required details, upload the required documents and submit.