To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be full-time regular students of the University of Delhi studying in any course/stream at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
The selected candidates will receive the stipend as follow –
- Interns – INR 5,000 per month
- Summer Interns – INR 10,000 per month
Note – The stipend will be enhanced by 5% each financial year.
A certificate will be given by the Dean of Students’ Welfare at the end of the internship tenure subject to the appraisal report from the concerned employing Department/Centers/Institutes.
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)
The eligible candidates can apply for the internship by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1 – Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ and read the details carefully.
Step 2 – Fill in all the required details and submit.
Last Date of Registration – 11th November 2022
Note – There is no deadline for the internship application. The internship will be available throughout the year based on the requirements of the departments.
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and the following criteria –
- A request letter for hiring interns from universities should be sent to the Dean of Students’ Welfare office. The letter should contain the job and job description and the nature of the internship (full-time or part-time).
- The Dean of Students’ Welfare office will upload a Google form containing all the information regarding the internship description and nature of work.
- Candidates can indicate their three preferences and upload the Letter of Recommendation (LOR) and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the head of the department.
- After the successful completion of the application process, the candidates will be given their joining letters.
The internship certificate will be issued subject to –
- successful completion of the assigned work,
- submission of a training report after the completion of the internship task duly
assigned by the concerned office (Annexure E),
- satisfactory assessment/appraisal and evaluation report of the intern’s
performance by the head of the concerned office.
Terms and Conditions
- The internship will be on a paid basis.
- Written consent from the Vice Chancellor of the University is required for students to start the internship programs.
- A student can apply only once for an internship in an academic year under the prestigious VCIS.
- The scheme shall be available throughout the year based on the requirements of the Departments/Centre/ Institutes of the University of Delhi.
- Interns not completing the requisite period and the assigned work/s entrusted by the concerned office will not be paid any stipend or certificate.
- The candidate must note that the requirement of attendance in the registered/enrolled UG/PG course/s will not be relaxed due to undertaken internship.
- DSW office reserves the right to edit/amend/add/review any of the provisions/schemes and processes of VCIS at any time, and the same will be uploaded on the DSW website.
- DSW office reserves the right to cancel the candidature of any intern/s (post selection as intern/s) at any point/duration of internship if any discrepancy is found.