To be eligible, an applicant must:
- not be less than 17 years of age at the time of application
- belong to Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, or Delhi
- have at least one parent who has leprosy and must be residing in a self-settled leprosy colony
- be admitted to professional courses at Government recognized institutions
- have completed Senior Secondary (10+2) education in the year 2022-21
- be a first-year student beginning studies/courses in the academic year 2022-21
- Students enrolled in non-professional courses are not eligible.
- Applicants availing scholarships from other organizations/individuals will not be considered.
The selected candidates will receive tuition fees, admission fees, mess fees and boarding/hostel expenses from the institutes directly.
- Passport-size photographs of the applicant
- Self-attested copies of the following documents –
- Birth certificate or proof of date of birth
- Pass Certificate for Matriculation (Class 10) senior secondary (Class 12) and Graduation (If applying for master’s course)
- Marksheets of Class 10, 12 board exam and Graduation (If applying for Master’s Course)
- Leprosy certificate of parent/parents (treatment certificate from the place where treated or Certificate from District Leprosy Officer or Disability certificate mentioning Hansen’s disease/leprosy)
- A provisional admission letter issued by the institute to which the applicant has secured admission or else the applicant should indicate the names of 3 colleges in which they are seeking admission
- A reference letter from the colony leader certifying that the candidate is a resident of the colony and is the only candidate from their family
- Proof of admission in a government-recognised institute (Note – In case the student has already gained admission)
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship using the steps listed below –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’ button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to ‘How to Apply’ and click on the given link.
Step 4: Click on ‘HHDLS Scholarship 2022-23’ and fill in the details to ‘Register’. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, log in using valid credentials.)
Step 5: Fill in the required details, attach the relevant documents, and submit.