To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be an Indian citizen and currently residing in India
- be an international student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003
- have received an unconditional offer of admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree from the University of Sydney
Note – The candidates are not eligible if they are permanent residents of Australia, or if they have previously held a University of Sydney India Scholarship.
A total of 28 scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis, consisting of –
- 3 scholarships of AUD 40,000 per annum for any undergraduate student for up to four years
- 10 scholarships of AUD 20,000 for first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students
- 15 scholarships of AUD 10,000 for first-year undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Certified copies of last academic qualifications
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Identity proof (passport, national identity card, and student visa)
- Residential Certificate
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’ button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘How to Apply Now’ button and click on the given link.
Step 4: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit.