To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be an Indian citizen
- have born on or after 2nd April 1999
- have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan
- be willing to learn the Japanese language
- submit a health certificate in the prescribed format
- arrive in Japan between 1st April 2024-7th April 2024
- have a newly issued student visa
- Preference will be given to candidates who are proficient in the Japanese language.
- Applicants who will meet the above conditions by March 2024 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are military personnel or military civilian employees at the time of their arrival in Japan or during the payment of the scholarship are not eligible.
- Students who have already received MEXT scholarships are not eligible.
- Candidates who cannot arrive in Japan by the last date of joining the host institution are not eligible.
- Candidates who are enrolled in other programs under the Japanese Government (MEXT) are not eligible.
- Students who already have a ‘student’ visa for Japan and are enrolled in any institution/university in Japan are not eligible.
- Candidates who are planning to apply/have received scholarships from any other organisation in Japan are not eligible.
- For more information, kindly refer to the ‘Scholarship Guidelines’ document.
Selected candidates will be provided with the following benefits –
- Allowance – Selected candidates will receive 11,7000 yen (approximately INR 71,200) each month. They will also receive a supplemental regional allowance of up to 3,000 yen per month to study and conduct research in specially designated regions.
- Education Fee – All the fees related to entrance examinations, matriculation, and tuition at colleges of technology will be covered by the Government of Japan (MEXT).
- Travel Expenses – Transportation to Japan will be stipulated by the Government of Japan (MEXT). Flight tickets for an economy class will be provided to students to visit the designated institutions.
Note – For more information, kindly refer to the ‘Scholarship Guidelines’ document.
- Identity proofs
- Marksheets and certificates
- Recommendation letters
- Certificate of enrollment (if applicable)
- Certificate of language proficiency
- Medical certificate
- Academic transcripts
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below-
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register‘ button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to ‘Register‘. (Note – If already registered, log in using the registered email ID)
Step 3: Navigate to the ‘Application Documents and Forms’ section and download the application form from the given link.
Step 4: Fill in all the required information and attach the necessary documents.
Step 5: Send the filled-up application form along with the scanned copies of the required documents to the designated addresses according to the city of residence.
- All the applications need to be sent by post or courier. The envelope must have ‘Application for CoT Scholarship 2024’ marked on it.
- No applications will be accepted through emails.