To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Master’s degree in Geology or Geophysics
- have secured at least 60% marks in Class 12 for engineering or MBBS programme OR
- have secured at least 60% in graduation for PG courses in Geology/Geophysics/MBA
- have an annual income of less than ₹ 2,00,000 from all sources
The selected meritorious economically weaker General category students pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical stream, and Master’s degree courses in Business Administration, Geology, and Geophysics will receive a scholarship of 48,000 per annum.
- Certified copy of caste certificate in Hindi/English
- Copy of birth certificate/Class 10 marksheet as proof of age
- Copy of Class 12 marksheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students
- Copy of consolidated Graduation marksheet in case of MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students
- Certified copy of the annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form attested by the bank as prescribed
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case, original is not available)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Copy of undertaking
Eligible candidates can apply for the position using the steps listed below –
Step 1: Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register‘ button on the right-hand side of the dashboard and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note: If already registered, log in using the registered email Id.)
Step 3: Select the scheme under the respective category and tick the checkbox.
Step 4: Now, click on the ‘Apply’ button.
Step 5: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit.
Terms and Conditions
- 50% scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- The scholarship amount shall be paid on a yearly basis after completion of the academic year. It will be deposited directly in the bank account of the student through the ECS facility.
- Once awarded, the scholarship shall be continued every year till the completion of the course subject to the promotion of the student to the next year of his/her course.
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be discontinued if the candidate is not promoted to next year by their respective Institute/College/University.
- For the continuation of the scholarship, the student will have to send an ‘Application for Renewal’ in the prescribed format.
- In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after awarding of ONGC scholarship, he/she has to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC Foundation.
- The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source. However, students receiving tuition fee waiver/reimbursement of tuition fees from the State Government are eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is admissible for full-time regular courses only.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/Institute/College in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.