What is Academic Excellence Scholarships, University of York 2019-20?
The University of York is inviting applications for Academic Excellence Scholarships 2019-20. The aim of these scholarships is to support the education of undergraduate and postgraduate students to pursue higher studies in the University. Successful candidates will get up to GBP 10,000 discount on their tuition fees.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The scholarship is being offered by the University of York, UK to allow students who have achieved excellent academic performance to avail discounts on their tuition fees.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
- To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University by 18th July 2019
- Be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be completed by the 18th July 2019)
- Be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught Masters course at the University
- Be a national or permanently domiciled citizen of India (or other eligible countries)
What are the benefits ?
- A fee discount of GBP 5,000 is awarded to the students from any non-EU country on their first year of study.
- A fee discount of GBP 10,000 is awarded to the students from India (or other eligible countries).
How can you apply ?
To apply for the scholarship, follow the below steps-
Step 1: Visit the online application portal for India.
Step 2: Fill in personal details, level of study, and personal statement in the application form.
Step 3: Click on Next and review the details.
Step 4: Submit the application.
What are the selection criteria ?
- A panel of Senior Staff from the University will select the successful scholarship awardees by assessing the personal statements that the candidates have provided.
- Candidates will also be selected based on their academic performance.
What are the important dates ?
- Last date to apply: 18th July 2019
Terms and Conditions
- The personal statement submitted while applying for the scholarship must be 250-300 words long. It must explain why the candidate should be considered for the scholarship. It must also answer the following questions:
- Why is he a strong candidate for this scholarship?
- How this scholarship will help him achieve his ambitions for the future?
- How he plans to pay the remaining tuition fees and living expenses?
- If candidates defer their place at the University of York, they cannot keep their scholarship. However, they can reapply next year.
- Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
- Students must accept the scholarship within two weeks of receiving the scholarship offer. Failing to do so will result in the scholarship being awarded to another candidate.
- The Academic Excellence scholarships cannot be combined with the Vice-Chancellor's scholarships.
The University of York,
York, YO10 5DD,
Phone: +44 (0)1904 323534