What is Keith and Dorothy Mackay Postgraduate Travelling Scholarships?
The Keith and Dorothy Mackay Travelling Scholarship provides research funding toward the expenses:
- of a short-term attachment to another Institution, as approved by the University of New England, for no more than three months, or
- to travel for the purpose of presenting research findings where the enrolled student is presenting a paper, poster or abstract on their research, at an internationally recognised academic conference. Combining an approved research placement and conference attendance is allowed.
What are the benefits?
- Up to a maximum of INR 2.5lakhs+ can be awarded for a short term attachment; or a maximum of INR upto 1.5 lakhs+ for attendance at an internationally recognised conference.
- Applications must be for travel after the scholarship closing date. Funding of retrospective activities will not be considered.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
- The Scholarship will not fund fieldwork or data collection.
- Scholarship applicants must currently be enrolled in a Higher Degree Research (HDR) course at the University of New England.
- The travel for a short-term attachment must be completed before the end of the second year of candidature for a Doctorate, or before the end of the first year of candidature for a Masters student (FTE days).
- There must be at least six months of candidature remaining (FTE days) after the proposed attendance dates at an internationally recognised research conference.
How to Apply?
To apply for the scholarship please review the below guidelines and complete the application forms:
Terms and Conditions
Risk Assessment Form
University of New England,
Armidale NSW 2351,
Toll-free: 1800 818 865