A scholarship worth INR 35000 per month and other benefits
What is UGC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC) 2020?
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment had modified the selection procedure for the identification of candidates for award of “National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste students” (NFSC) for research leading to award of M.Phil/Ph.D. The revised guidelines were effective from 01.04.2018, i.e., for the selection year 2018-19. As per the revised selection procedure -'The selection for the award of fellowship to students will be made on the basis of merit of each UGC-NET-JRF or CSIR-NET-JRF examination and will be made twice a year'.
What is the Selection Procedure & Eligibility?
The selection procedure of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the candidates have been shortlisted from among the candidates who have qualified UGC-NET, December 2019 i.e., National Eligibility Test for Assistant Professor conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Joint CSIR-UGC Test, December 2019 conducted by the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR). It may be noted that e-Certificates of Eligibility for Assistant Professor have already been uploaded on https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
Terms and Conditions
The candidates and the institutions where the identified candidates are pursuing their research or where a candidate seeks admission are required to adhere to the following:
1. The candidates, whose roll numbers are given in the attached list may also check their result on UGC website at www.ugcnetonline.in. The candidates, who want to avail the fellowship for pursuing research leading to award of M.Phil/Ph.D may download their Award Letter from www.ugcnetonline.in.
2. The candidates and their institutions may note that the selections have been made on the basis of information given by the candidates, while applying for NET. Therefore, their selection is provisional. The eligibility of the candidate, for the fellowship, is required to be ensured by University/Institution at the time of admission to M.Phil/Ph.D.
3. The fellowship will be payable from the date of issue of result of NFSC(in case, the candidate is already pursuing M.Phil/Ph.D) OR from the actual date of joiningM.Phil/Ph.D, whichever is later. Therefore, if a candidate has already taken admission, for M.Phil./Ph.D through regular and full time mode, in any UGC recognised University/Institution and his/her roll number is given in the list, he/she should apply for fellowship before 31.07.2020only.
4. The identified candidates who have not taken admission/registration are advised to get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D in a UGC recognised University/Institution at the first available opportunity but not later than three years from the date of issue of award letter.
5. For claiming the fellowship the candidates are advised to fill in the 'Verification Form cum Joining Report' and submit it to the officials concerned of their institutions. The verification form shall be duly signed/countersigned by the scholar, the Guide, the Head of Department and the Registrar of University/Director of Institute. A proforma of the 'Verification Form cum Joining Report' is also attachedbelow.
6. The fellowship amount shall be disbursed by UGC directly into the bank account of the Awardee. The fellowship is payable for a maximum period of five years. The fellowship will not be payable for gap period between submission of M.Phil dissertation and admission in Ph.D. The maximum gap period allowed between submission of M.Phil dissertation and admission in Ph.D is one year. However, the period of five years for payment of fellowship will be counted from the date of joining the fellowship.
Apart from verifying the credentials of the candidate, the university/institution is also required to strictly follow the following:
I. Read the guidelines of scheme and this notification thoroughly.
II. Verify and ensure that the candidate is eligible for receiving the fellowship under the scheme as per the guidelines and this notification.
III. Ensure the authenticity and correctness of the claim of candidate that he/she belongs to a notified Scheduled Caste category.
IV. Verify/authenticate the required educational qualifications and marks obtained by him/her.
V. Ensure that all the documents required as per the guidelines and notification are completely and correctly filled by the scholar in the formats prescribed by UGC.
VI. Deposit all the documents submitted by the candidate and keep their record in its safe custody and upload the required information, on the scholarship payment portal for claiming the fellowship through DBT mode.
VII. Ensure that both the 'Verification Form cum Joining Report' and 'Certificate by the Institution' are strictly as per the format given hereunder, are completely filled, properly scanned and uploaded on the scholarship portal.
8. After satisfying itself of the genuineness of the claim and verification of all facts as given in the verification form cum joining report, the concerned institution shall link the candidate on the portal, give all the details and upload a legible and complete copy of scanned 'verification form cum joining report' along with the 'Certificate by the Institution' on the scholarship payment portal (https://scholarship.canarabank.in/)
9. Once the candidate starts receiving the fellowship, Institution shall ensure that all the claims for Fellowship, HRA, and contingency are received regularly by them and the data is uploaded by them in a time bound manner on scholarship portal on monthly basis (before 15thof every month).
10. The data of scholar is required to be uploaded by a ‘Maker’ and approved by a ‘Checker’ who should be permanent officials of that university/institution & duly authorized by the Head of Institution to access the scholarship payment portal.
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
ITO Metro Gate Number 3
Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110002
Up to INR 35000 per month and other benefits
IIT Bhubaneswar School of Mechanical Sciences Junior Research Fellowsh
HFSP Post Doctoral Fellowship, France 2020-21
FRCBR Junior Research/Junior Project Fellowship 2020