What is University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence International Scholarship 2019?
The University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence International Scholarship is a highly competitive award for commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies. The scholarship offers a reduction of 50% of the tuition fee for the minimum standard full-time duration of the scholar's chosen degree.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The University of Adelaide is offering this scholarship.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
Students fulfilling the following criterion can apply:
- The applicant must be an international student, taking admission at the University of Adelaide. He/she should not be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand.
- The applicant must have shown exceptional academic performance in their previous courses of study.
- The applicant must be commencing their graduation or post-graduation degree in 2019.
- Direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate who are required to undertake a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) prior to their degree commencement can also apply.
- Applicants studying in any discipline can apply.
- Candidates should have achieved an academic level on par with the following:
- For undergraduate programs: Raw ATAR of 98 or its equivalent
- For postgraduate coursework programs: A GPA 6.8 out of 7 or its equivalent
What are the benefits ?
The scholarship offers a reduction of 50% on the tuition fee for the minimum standard full-time duration of the scholar's chosen undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
How can you apply ?
The scholarship will be automatically awarded to students who meet the academic eligibility criteria.
What are the selection criteria ?
- The University of Adelaide is offering this award for academic excellence. Thus, the selection will be made on the basis of previous academic performance.
- Successful applicants will be notified within 1 to 2 weeks of the scholarship closing date.
- Unsuccessful applicants will NOT be contacted.
What are the important dates ?
- Eligible semester 2 applicants must accept their offer by the 7 July 2019.
- Eligible trimester 3 applicants must accept their offer by the 11 August 2019.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants must be an international student and should not hold citizenship of Australia or New Zealand.
- Applicants must be commencing their course in 2019 only.
- Current University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to the successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers) are NOT eligible.
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognized scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department are NOT eligible
- Applicants for Masters by Research or PhD programs are also NOT eligible.
- The scholarship payment will be made directly into the tuition fee account.
- This scholarship cannot be transferred to a third party.
- The scholarship cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship in case students do not meet certain conditions.
The University of Adelaide
Adelaide, South Australia
Phone: +61 8 8313 7335