What is Raman-Charpak Fellowship 2019?
In the honour of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof. C.V. Raman and Prof. Georges Charpak, the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India jointly with the French Institute in India (IFI), French Embassy in India, Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, Government of France invite applications for the Raman-Charpak Fellowship 2019 from PhD students. It is the only Indo-Frech bilateral fellowship. The fellowship aims to facilitate the exchange of students at the doctoral level between the two countries. The fellows have the opportunity to win EUR 1,500 per month and other benefits.
Who is offering this scholarship ?
The fellowship is being offered by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India jointly with the French Institute in India (IFI), French Embassy in India, Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, Government of France.
Who can apply for this scholarship ?
The following applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship program:
- Must be residing in India
- Should have registered for a PhD in a recognized university or research institution in India
- Should not be older than 30 years as on 1st April 2019
- Should have pre-authorization or prior consent from his/her Institute/University to apply for a foreign fellowship program
Note: Students once supported by CEFIPRA, also in the framework of CEFIPRA projects and students who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible for the fellowship.
What are the benefits ?
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- Fellowship Support of EUR 1500 per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus social security charges
- To and fro air ticket in economy class between India and France
- Travel and health insurance coverage wherever is required
- Administrative costs for Visa and Registration (if any)
- Carte de Sejour (if any)
- Additional support of up to a maximum of EUR 500 for each fellow for the purpose of participating in a Seminar/Workshop during the term of their fellowship Expenses for the stay in the host countries
- Bus/Train tickets for travel including (if any) accommodation charges (if any)
- The bus/train and the accommodation charges claim shall be provided on actual receipts/proof of participation/acceptance of the paper and after the completion of fellowship duration by selected fellow (at the time of TA/DA settlement).
- No support will be provided for the family members during the fellowship period.
How can you apply ?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Register at the official fellowship website.
Step 2: Log in to apply.
Step 3: Access the application form.
Step 4: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 5: Attach the necessary documents along with the application.
Step 6: Submit the application.
What are the documents required for the Raman-Charpak Fellowship 2019?
The following documents are required to be attached along with the application:
- A detailed description of the research plan/proposal/research/educational proposal in the prescribed format (not exceeding 5 pages)
- A CV in the prescribed format (not exceeding 2 pages)
- A letter of recommendation from the PhD supervisor
- A letter of agreement from the proposed host supervisor in the fellowship lab
- PhD synopsis or short summary of the PhD work with the title (not exceeding 2 pages)
- A research experience letter or publications as a single pdf file (if any)
- No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Institution
- A scanned copy of the passport (both front and back)
- A recent photograph
What are the important dates ?
- Application starts- 15th May 2019
- Deadline- 15th July 2019
- Result declaration- End-September 2019 (Tentative)
- Commencement of fellowship- Mid-October 2019
Terms and Conditions
- The selected fellows shall be invited to submit a valid travel itinerary according to their proposed duration of fellowship stated in their application form.
- The travel itinerary for the visit will be valid only after the declaration of results.
- A shortlisted fellow shall start his/her fellowship by 31st March 2020 at the latest.
- The host institution/university of Indian applicants must be in France and vice versa for the French applicants.
- An applicant should not apply multiple times.
- Applications received through post or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research
(Centre Franco-Indien pour la Promotion de la Recherche Avancée-CEFIPRA)
Core 5B, Ground Floor,
India Habitat Centre Lodhi Road,
New Delhi 110 003, India
Phone: +91 11 24682251