The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has invited interested, eligible Indian nationals for the “2019 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Students enrolled in Graduate Program.”
Number of nominations: 15 out of which 10 will be awarded scholarship by the Government of Republic of Korea.
As per the official notice, the scholarship will be awarded for Master’s, Doctoral, and Research Programme.
Korean Government Scholarship Program: Subject fields
- Electronic Engineering
- Korean Language and Literature
- International Relations (including Korean Studies)
Master’s programme: The interested candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree relevant to the proposed study by August 31, 2019.
Doctoral programme: The candidate must hold a master’s degree or equivalent degree relevant to the proposed study by August 31, 2019.
Research programme scholarship: The applicant must have received an invitation from one of National Institute for International Education (NIIED’s) designated Korean universities and must have the following qualification relevant to proposed study:
1. Postdoctoral Research Program: Applicants must hold a Doctoral degree or an equivalent degree by August 31, 2019.
2. Professor Exchange Program: Applicants must hold a master’s degree or a degree equivalent to or higher than a master’s degree by August 31, 2019.
3. Program for Education, Science, Culture, (International Professionals): Applicants must hold a master’s degree or a degree equivalent to or higher than a master’s degree by August 31, 2019.
Age limit criteria:
The candidates applying for Master’s/Doctoral Programme must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2019, that is they must be born after September 1, 1979.
All the candidates who are working as a professor must be under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2019, that is they must be born after September 1, 1974.
Apart from the above criteria, the applicant must fulfill the following conditions:
Candidates who have already been abroad for study/training/specialization either on scholarship or on their own for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in Indi for at least two consecutive years after returning from abroad as on 20.03.2019.
How to apply:
Candidates are required to apply online on the Ministry’s application portal (http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/).
Last date to apply: March 20, 2019.
Official notification link: