CAT 2019 online registration process has been started. This is supposed to be the first Common Admission Test (CAT) examination where 10 per cent reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) will be applied. IIMs conduct CAT 2019 as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs. Besides IIMs, CAT 2019 scores are also used by some non-IIM member institutions listed on the official website, iimcat.ac.in. More than a month’s time is available for candidates to fill the online application forms.
1. The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will organise a computer-based Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT 2019) on Sunday, November 24, 2019 in two sessions.
2. CAT 2019 registration process will be held at iimcat.ac.in.
3. The CAT 2019 scores are allowed to be used by listed non-IIM member institutions. A list of non-IIM member institutions that have registered to avail the CAT 2019 cores is provided at www.iimcat.ac.in.
4. The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution.
5. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
Read Article: Germany – a new hub for Indian students
6. As per the legal requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates, 27% for Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), up to 10% for EWS candidates and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwD).
7. General/EWS/NC-OBC candidate will be charged Rs. 1900 while an SC/ST/PwD candidate will be charged Rs. 950 to appear for CAT 2019. The final amount to be paid may be different, as it will include applicable additional charges.
8. The registration for CAT 2019 will close on September 18, 2019.
9. CAT 2019 will be conducted in centres spread across around 156 test cities. Test cities will be mentioned in the CAT website and the name of the test centre will be indicated in the admit card.
10. The CAT results are likely be declared by the second week of January, 2020. The CAT 2019 score is valid only till December 31, 2020 and will accordingly be accessible on the website.
Download uLektz Apps for Latest Educational News /Events/Scholarships