The foremost question you should start asking yourself before planning to study abroad is how much will it cost in terms of economic expenses. Will you be able to put up with the cost of living and education at an international university? And if you are an Indian student trying to go abroad and study, then you will be pleased to know that there are several International Scholarships available for the Indian students. These scholarships are offered by the government, private organizations and certain universities. Depending on the funding type and the study destination you will be offered a scholarship.
Read below to know about the study abroad scholarships based on the international locations,
If you are studying at any part of the world, then Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships is there to help you out. Below 30 years old and a permanent resident Indian student is eligible for this. When you are applying for the scholarship, you will get scholarship grants to study in North America or Europe. There are some other restrictions mentioned for this scholarship which you will get to know when you apply for the same. It is for undergraduate and postgraduate education programs only.
To study in Japan, Aichi Scholarship Program is there for Asian students. It is for the students who are willing to pursue graduate-level courses in Aichi Prefectural government-approved manufacturing programs in Japan.
Indian researchers willing to study science and technology in Singapore get DST A*STAR Singapore scholarship which is sponsored by the Indian Government.
In order to study the Masters of Arts in International Journalism program at Hong Kong Baptist University in Hong Kong, you will get a chance to fund your education with Hinrich Full MA Scholarship in International Journalism.
Thai government offers scholarships to Indian students willing to continue master’s level programs in engineering and technology, the management or environment and development at the Asian Institute of Technology. This scholarship known as HM King’s and HM Queen’s Scholarships is also available for Asian Students going to Thailand for education purposes.
Seoul National University in South Korea has Silk-Road Scholarship Program for Indian students opting to take graduate courses in humanities or social science.
Several scholarship programs are available to Indian students selecting Australia as their study destination. Like,
- University of Adelaide Ashok Khurana Scholarship is there for students taking postgraduate courses in the university.
- India Global Leaders Scholarship grants full-tuition international scholarships for Indian students wanting to study master’s degree or undergraduate degree in Faculty of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Queensland in Australia.
- University of New South Wales has Future of Change India Scholarship for Indian undergraduate and postgraduate students. To avail the scholarship, you will need to make a short video stating and discussing how the scholarship will help you to complete the degree courses. Though this scholarship is not for MBA programs.
- Another scholarship offered by the University of Queensland is Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship. Indian students wishing to obtain a postgraduate degree in biology-related subjects can go for this one.
The European countries bags some of the exclusive scholarship programs for the Indian students which are listed below,
- Ireland offers UCD Global Graduate Scholarships for Indian graduate students studying in University College Dublin in Ireland.
- The Netherlands provides Orange Tulip Scholarship to Indian students at bachelor’s or master’s level of particular universities.
- Campus France Charpak Scholarship is delivered to Indian students going to the French soil for completing a master’s level degree. The age limit for this scholarship is below 30 years and students must either be continuing their education or are employed in India. Other than this Raman Charpak Scholarship is given to Ph.D. students for research education at a French institution limited to six months duration.
Read also: Top 10 Medical colleges in India as per NIRF Ranking 2019
Not lagging back is British land. Plenty of scholarship programs are there for students who have desires to study in this part of the world. Some of these are,
- British Council GREAT scholarships for Indian Students are offered to students looking forward to studying in the United Kingdom by the British Council.
- Indian students going for doctoral degrees or research/visiting fellowship get offered Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships.
- Open to Indian students who are stepping on the United Kingdom is Heriot Watt SML International Merit Scholarship. This for students going for postgraduate programs at Heriot-Watt University in the United Kingdom.
- LSE Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme is offered to students of commonwealth countries including India who are going to the London School of Economics and Political Science to complete a postgraduate level.
- St. Antony’s College offers Ms. Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship to Indian students looking to study at the University of Oxford’s St. Antony’s College in fields of History, Economics and Political Science. This is given to students with excellent postgraduate research performance.
- Indian students studying at Oxford University or the University of Cambridge in the UK are given Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships.
- Scotland provides Saltire Scholarships to Indian students and other students coming from Canada, the US and China at any degree level.
- Sir Ratan Tata Fellowships is available for South Asian Students at LSE.
- Indian students at a master’s degree level are granted with Sussex India Scholarships.
- A total of five scholarships are there for students of Russia, Turkey, Nigeria, China, India and South Korea. 50 percent tuition fee is given for these students provided they are studying a master’s program at Bournemouth University in the UK.
- The University of Lincoln offers University of Lincoln India Scholarship to outstanding performing Indian postgraduate students with £5000 tuition fee reduction.
- Graduate-level funding chances are there for Indian students who are willing to study at the University of Oxford. The name of the scholarship is University of Oxford Felix Scholarships for Indian students.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate Indian students with strong academic performance are eligible for scholarships of University of Sheffield.
- Given to students from outside of the European Union is University of Southampton LLM International Scholarships. It is for the students who have a desire to take law at postgraduate level.
- UWE Bristol University in the UK offers UWE International Scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students with tuition fee discount scholarship programs.
The United States also has a few scholarships for the students coming from India. If you are willing to study in the United States, then you can get a chance to study with the following scholarship programs,
- For female Asian students taking an undergraduate business degree in a recognized US university, there is Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund.
- The Ramakrishnan Family Scholarship and Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship are given to Indian students who are going for a full-time MBA at Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Indian students studying an undergraduate course at Cornell University are given Cornell University Tata Scholarship.
- Delivering financial aid to Indian students with high performing academics is Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships. It is given to students of any level studying at a recognized US institution.
- Indian researchers continuing master’s level or higher education in a selected science and technology program at a US university is given S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program.
- Students who have completed education and within two years they are applying for an MBA program at Stanford Graduate School of Business are given Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships.
Courtesy: Higher Education Review
Download uLektz Apps for Latest Educational News / Events / Scholarships
Follow us: #facebook #twitter #linkedin also enroll our skill course