We are proud to announce that Bharatiya Shikshan Mandal (BSM) which was formed in 1969 at Mumbai with the objective of creating an education system rooted in Bharatiya ethos will be celebrating its 51st Foundation Day on Ram Navami Day (2nd April 2020). During this fruitful journey, it has tirelessly worked to reconnect the country’s education system to the Bharatiya ethos.
Started as projects initially, many of its activities have now turned into mass movements. The New Education Policy drafted by Kasturirangan Committee has incorporated many of its suggestions. But what is today admired the most by academic world is its initiative giving new direction to the research work in the country.
Objectives of BSM
To evolve a complete Bharatiya education system, the BSM focused on three things.
1. It should be rooted in the historic experience of the country.
2. It should have the cultural moorings.
3. Even the advanced and modern teaching should be Bharat-centric. For example, we teach Vasco da Gama discovered Bharat. It is correct for Europe, but not for Bharat. For Bharat, it should be that Vasco da Gama came to this country. Fact is same, but we need to look at it with the Bharat centric way.
Achievements of BSM over five decades
What started with a seven-point agenda have now become separate movements today. For example,
- Swadeshi in education has become a full-fledged movement for Swadeshi – the Swadeshi Jagran Manch.
- Sanskrit education turned into a big movement as Sanskrit Bharati.
- The activity started to record the real history of freedom struggle and also to promote overall history from the Bharatiya point of view is now known as Itihas Sankalan Samiti.
- We started the celebration of Hindu New Year from Udaipur in 1974. Now, it has also become a complete mass movement. Initially, BSM was the nodal point of teachers’ associations. Our founder, Shri Mukundrao Kulkarni, was originally a teachers’ leader.
- In 1989, Akhil Bharatiya Rashtriya Shaikshik Mahasangh (ABRSM) was formed as a separate organisation. In 1986, over 3000 out of 12,000 recommendations given to the Yashpal Committee, were given by various BSM units. Many of those recommendations reflected in the Education Policy of 1986. Eminent educationist Shri Ramswarup Bhardwaj was our General Secretary then.
- The vocational education started in 1986 was basically BSM recommendation.
Due to nationwide lockdown on account of Covid 19, BSM has invited all Volunteers from across the country to join the celebrations with full fervour from their homes.
Contact – Minimum 5 people from our personal contact lists who are yet to know BSM may be contacted & encouraged to take Membership. We can Send them Online Membership link (https://bsmbharat.org/).
Complete list must be shared with Secretray of pranta. With Proper planning all the Present members also should be contacted by the Office-bearers and motivate them to make new contacts.
Contribution – It’s our 51st Foundation Day, hence all karyakartas may donate. If no contribution has been made yet towards Corona Relief Fund, then you may willingly contribute an amount like 51, 151, 251, 551, 1051, 5551 to Shikshan Mandal’s account (bsmbharat@upi). And Whatsapp the details to Kosh Pramukh Shri. Rajendra Pathak (9422822795). Contributions of more karyakartas with complete devotion is more imp than the amount.
Celebration – If possible, celebrate with entire family by praying to Maa Saraswati. Dhyeya Shloka, Mission Statement and Sangathan Geet should be practised and discussed upon. ‘Glorious History’ chapter of ‘Let’s Build Organisation’ should be read collectively.
Venue : facebook.com/bsmbharat
Date : 2nd April 2020, Thursday
Expected Participants : All Volunteers from across the country
Live telecast of National Samaroh would be done on Facebook at 6 P.M.
Do join this Samaroh with your whole family, if possible, show it on your TV. Request your contacts also to be a part of this historic moment.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.