Nutrition and Dietetics is mainly associated with the promotion of good, clean health habits which can help to live a quality life. The focus is to educate, motivate and counsel people for a better work routine and healthy food selection. The study of nutrition involves – understanding of the components of the food, harmful reactions, digestion and body fitness.
10+2 examination in any relevant stream
1. Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition (DDPHN)
2. BSc (Food & Nutrition)
3. MSc (Food & Nutrition)
4. MSc (Food & Fermentation Technology)
5. MSc – Home Science (Specialization in food science & nutrition)
6. PG Diploma in Food & Nutrition
1. National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
2. University of Bombay, Mumbai
3. SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai
4. University of Health Science, Vijayawada-A P
5. Jawahar Lal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
6. Central Food Technology & Research Institute, Mysuru.
7. University of Mysore, Mysore.
8. Tamil Nadu GD Naidu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
9. All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Calcutta
10. Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi (http://www.ignou.ac.in/)