New Delhi: Following steps were taken by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) to strengthen the teacher education system in the country during a pandemic:-
- Advisory to all Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) was issued to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Open Education Resource (OER) was developed by the Expert Committee and uploaded on the NCTE website for making proper use by students/teacher educators and other stakeholders free of cost.
- The weblink for open Education Resource (OER) developed by other organization working for teacher education in the country have also been hyperlinked so that the beneficiary/target group can avail the teaching/learning resource by visiting the NCTE website www.ncte.gov.in.
- To sensitize Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) about the recommendations of the New Education Policy (NEP) for the teacher education sector, a series of webinars have been conducted.
- The teaching/learning material on the content of teacher education has also been digitally made available on the NCTE website www.ncte.gov.in.
The information was given by the Union Minister for Education Ministry, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ in a written reply in the LokSabha today.