Since early 2020, COVID has devastated many families in India. With 2.38 lakh deaths (till 8th May 2021) due to COVID-19, India is going through the biggest disaster of the century where lakhs of families are devastated and facing a crisis for the lifetime. Further, increasing job losses and unemployment has made it difficult for many families to support education of their children.
COVID Crisis (Jyoti Prakash) Support Scholarship program will provide such affected students with scholarships so that they can continue their education without any hindrance. The beneficiaries will also be provided with mentoring and guidance.
- Applicants should be Indian nationals only
- Open for students from Class 1 to Graduation
- Students who have been through any of the below two crisis situations
- Students who lost their parent(s)/ earning family member since January 2020, OR
- Students whose earning family member lost their job/employment during COVID pandemic
- Students should be enrolled and continuing their education
- INR 9,000 for students below Class 8
- INR 12,000 for Class 9 & 10 students
- INR 15,000 for Class 11 & 12 students
- INR 18,000 to 30,000 for students pursuing graduation
- 1-to-1 or 1-to-many online mentoring program from working professionals
- Career counseling, learning and development classes for future preparedness & readiness
- Marksheet of the previous educational degree
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter identity card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Crisis document (Death certificate of parent(s) or proof of job loss)
- Reference from a person who knows the family’s crisis (Can be a school teacher, doctor, head of school, college, or a government officer, etc.)
- Bank account details of applicant or parents
- Passport size photograph
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
- Click on the Apply Now button below
- Login to Buddy4Study using registered ID. This will navigate the students to the ‘Online Application Form” page
- If not already registered on Buddy4Study – register using the email id/mobile phone number/Facebook/Gmail account
- Once logged in, the students will then be redirected to the “COVID Crisis (Jyoti Prakash) Support Scholarship” application form page
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process
- Fill in the required details in the online scholarship application form
- Upload the required documents
- Click the ‘Accept‘ button for terms and conditions. Students must ensure that they have read the terms and conditions before accepting it.
- Click the ‘Preview’ button. If all the details filled in by the applicant are displaying correctly on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com