About the Program
Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors (YUVA) 2021 is a dynamic mentoring scheme, which comes under the National Education Policy 2020, and the visionary national level flagship programme of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. It emphasizes empowering young minds & creating a learning ecosystem that can nurture young learners for future leadership roles. This scheme ensures creating a pool of authors below 30 years of age, who are ready to express themselves and project India on any international platform, as well as help in projecting Indian culture and literature globally. The selected candidates will receive a consolidated scholarship of INR 50,000 per month for 6 months under this mentorship scheme.
Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors (YUVA) 2021 Deadline: 31-Jul-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of India
- Be above 18 years but below 30 years of age
- Have sound knowledge about the culture, history, and geography of India
The selected candidate will receive the following benefits –
- A consolidated scholarship of INR 50,000 per month for 6 months (50,000 x 6 = INR 3 Lakh) per author under the mentorship scheme.
- A royalty of 10% on successful publications of their books at the end of the mentorship program.
- A book or a series of books written by the young authors will be published by NBT, India as the outcome of the mentorship program.
- Their published books will be translated into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of culture & literature between different states & thereby promoting Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the mentorship:
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” button below. The applicants will be redirected to the application page.
Step 2: Register using the email address, phone number date of birth, and Gender.
Step 3: Sign in using the generated ID password.
Step 4: Fill in the required details.
Step 5: Submit the form.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021
Announcement of selected authors: 15th August 2021
Publishing of readied entries of the winners: By 15th December 2021
A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest at MyGov. The selection will be made by a Committee to be constituted by NBT. The contestants will be asked to submit a manuscript of 5,000 words to judge its suitability to develop as a proper book under the Mentorship Scheme.
Terms and Conditions:
- Based on mentorship, the selected authors will prepare manuscripts for final selection under the guidance of the nominated mentors.
- The published books may be launched on 12th January 2022 on YUVA DIVAS or National Youth Day.
Courtesy – buddy4study.com