This Course is Offered and Certified by uLektz Academy
About the Course:
This course is designed to accommodate the demands of professionally trained human resource in the field of Software Development. The programme is highly applicable for all those who want to pursue a professional career in software development.
As a software engineer a student will be part of a larger body of computer science field, which incorporates hardware, software, firmware, operating systems, networking and many other disciplines. By going through this specifically designed material, a Computer Science student will be able to understand the basic components/features of an operating system and the interactions among them.
An Operating system is an interface between the user and the computer hardware. It controls the execution of application software and manages the computer hardware. This course isn’t meant to create an OS from scratch, but to teach you about the basic knowledge of how an operating system works as we know some or the other times users are very oblivious of how they are using a computer. To fully understand how your program works, you should have a general understanding of what’s going on behind the scenes. It definitely makes you a better coder. If you understand that system resources like threads, file-system, memory, CPU etc aren’t just black boxes that “just work”, you can code around their bottlenecks.
The course will cover almost all the basic terms, terminologies, concepts right away from an introduction to operating system, to all other related mechanisms like process, scheduling, threads, deadlocks, memory management, synchronization, file systems etc.
In the end a student will be able to develop an understanding of how the operating system works and in turn that will gain valuable insight into how the other disciplines of computer science field operates, as your interaction with those disciplines is managed by the operating system.
After going through this course material a students will be able :
1. To use operating system daily as Operating systems are everywhere.
2. To learn basic components of a system design so that he/she can extend the features of operating system in future.
3. To find and solve any problem occurring in operating system.
4. And most importantly they will understand, why/how to manage the computer resources efficiently and effectively, as system resources are limited.
1. Graduate standing in computer science or computer engineering.
2. Familiarity with basic data structures, computer organization, programming language like C, basic Unix commands, system utilities etc.
This OS course material is divided in the way of chapters ranging from 1 to 10, in the form of small modules. Almost all the chapters starts with basic background relevant to that particular topic making it easier to understand, along with MCQ. The very basic description of contents that will be covered in subsequent chapters is provided over here in tabular format.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Process
- Module 3: Threads
- Module 4: Process Scheduling
- Module 5: Process Synchronization
- Module 6: Memory Organization and Management
- Module 7: Virtual Memory
- Module 8: Deadlock
- Module 9: Device Management
- Module 10: File System
- Final Assessment
Learning Content – 90 hours
Language – English
Certification – Learners will get the Certification after successful completion of the course.
System Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer etc.