Admission to Karnataka’s medical, dental and AYUSH colleges will be based on the results of the NEET 2021 entrance exam result declared on November 1.
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will conduct online Karnataka NEET 2021 counselling for admission to various MBBS and BDS programmes at government and private medical colleges around the state. The KEA’s responsibilities are limited to administering Karnataka NEET 2021 centralised counselling, which comprises online registration, document verification, online counselling, seat assignment, and the issuance of the admission order. There are two rounds of Karnataka NEET counselling in 2021, as well as a mop-up round if any seats remain unfilled after the second round. Karnataka NEET 2021 counselling will be conducted by KEA for 85 per cent state quota seats and 100 per cent private college seats. Karnataka NEET counselling will be held in 2021 by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 15% All India Quota seats. Admission to 9,345 MBBS and 3,445 BDS seats in medical colleges across the state will be determined through counselling.
Admission to Karnataka’s medical, dental, and AYUSH colleges is based on the results of the National Eligibility Cumulation Entrance Test (NEET). This counselling process will be open only to individuals who have qualified for NEET 2021. Following the announcement of the NEET 2021 results, the Karnataka NEET 2021 counselling schedule will be issued.
Important Dates for NEET Counselling in Karnataka in 2021
The dates for NEET Counselling 2021 in Karnataka will be announced soon on its official website http://kea.kar.nic.in/.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET Counselling in Karnataka in 2021
Candidates enrolling for admission through KEA’s UG NEET counselling 2021 must meet the KEA’s eligibility requirements.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- He or she must have passed the NEET 2021 exam.
Eligibility for government seats is based on the following criteria:
- He or she must have completed Class 10 and Class 12 at a Karnataka-based institution.
- He/she must also have attended a government school in Karnataka for seven years or have finished Class 11 and Class 12 from a Karnataka-based institute.
- Additionally, either of the candidate’s parents must have completed a seven-year course of study at a Karnataka-based institute, or the candidate and either of his/her parent’s mother language is Kannada/Tulu/Kodava.
- This parent must also be a resident of the state of Karnataka.
NEET Counselling in Karnataka in 2021: Application Procedure
Registration, option filling, seat assignment, and reporting would be the four rounds of Karnataka MBBS admissions counselling. For those applying for Karnataka NEET 2021 counselling, all of these steps are equally crucial. Steps are described in detail below:
- Visit the official website for more information.
- Locate and select UGET 2021 Online Registration from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Photo and signature should be uploaded.
- Fees for Counselling must be paid.
- Keep the receipt for future reference.
Counselling Fees for Karnataka NEET 2021
The counselling fee is Rs. 1000 for general and OBC categories and Rs. 500 for SC/ST. A bank challan can be used to pay the fee.
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will issue a list of all candidates who have enrolled for Karnataka NEET 2021 counselling. This list will be accompanied by the dates for offline document verification. All candidates must complete the verification process in order to continue with Karnataka NEET 2021 Admission process.
Candidates should bring all required documents to the verification centre. Candidates will be sent an acknowledgement slip after they have been verified. All the candidates should keep the slip in a safe place for future reference.
Documents Required for NEET Counselling in Karnataka in 2021
The following documents are necessary at the time of counselling:
- Candidate’s Admit card of NEET 2021
- Candidate’s Rank Card of NEET 2021
- Candidate’s High School Mark Sheets & Passing Certificate
- Candidate’s Intermediate Mark Sheets & Passing Certificate
- Candidate’s Domicile of Origin Certificate
- Candidate’s Category Certificate
- Candidate’s Character Certificate
- a copy of the application form for Karnataka NEET counselling in 2021 (final copy post submission)
Id proof with a valid photo
- Passport-sized photo taken recently (two in number)
- Candidate’s Rural study certificate (if claiming rural quota)
- Candidate’s Kannada medium study certificate (if claiming Kannada medium quota)
- Reservation Certificate for the Hyderabad-Karnataka Region (if applicable)
- Certificates of study/hometown/domicile/employment/cumulative record/marks card for parents (if applicable)
Seat Allotment, Fee Payment, and Admission Offer for Karnataka NEET 2021
Karnataka NEET Counselling Seat Allotment:
During the Karnataka Seat Allotment process, candidates will have the following options:
Option 1: If a candidate is satisfied with the seat he or she has been assigned, there is no need to go to the next phase of counselling.
Option 2: If a candidate is satisfied with his or her assigned seat but wishes to participate in subsequent rounds of counselling, he or she must give up the assigned seat.
Option 3: If a candidate is dissatisfied with the seat he or she has been assigned and want to participate in the next round of seat allocation.
Option 4: If a candidate is dissatisfied with his or her given seat and does not want to participate in the next round of seat allotment, they can remove the seats or opt-out of the further rounds of counselling.
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will issue a list of candidates who have been assigned a seat in the Karnataka NEET 2021 counselling. These seat allotment lists will be compiled based on a candidate’s merit and the choices he or she has made.
Candidates who have been assigned a seat in the Karnataka NEET 2021 counselling and wish to keep that seat must confirm their selection on the KEA’s official website. He or she must next pay the fee and present the admission order to the designated institute.
NEET counselling in Karnataka in 2021: Seat intake
The seat matrix for Karnataka NEET 2021 can be checked from its official website http://kea.kar.nic.in/.
Courtesy – DNA