About the Program
Up to 60 undergraduate students will receive a grant of up to INR 4 Lakh each, while up to 40 postgraduate students will be awarded up to INR 6 Lakh each for the duration of their degree.
Reliance Foundation Scholars will also gain valuable opportunities to interact with leading global experts, apply for mentoring and internships, volunteering opportunities, a strong alumni network and will join a vibrant community of scholars who will be at the forefront of leading India’s journey in technological innovation.
About Reliance Foundation
Reliance Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries Ltd., has always worked with the single focus of building a more equitable nation. With the vision of empowering the most marginalised sections of our society, Reliance Foundation collaborates with social impact organisations and private and government stakeholders, creating lasting impact across India. With committed programmes, Reliance Foundation aims to create replicable and scalable models of development accessible to all.
The following are the eligibility criteria to apply for the Reliance Foundation Scholarships:
- Open for Indian nationals only.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time in the first year of undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme in the following subjects:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Sciences
- Mathematics & Computing and
- Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering.
- Applicants must fulfil the following academic criteria –
- For Undergraduate Scholarships: Applicants who secured a rank of 1-35,000 in the JEE Main (Paper 1) Examination can apply.
- For Postgraduate Scholarships: Applicants who secured a score of 550-1,000 in the GATE examination, OR applicants who have not attempted GATE and have scored 7.5 or above in their undergraduate CGPA (or % normalised to CGPA) can apply.
- Applicants from all institutes in India are eligible, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria.
For Undergraduate students: Up to INR 4,00,000 over the duration of the degree
For Postgraduate students: Up to INR 6,00,000 over the duration of the degree
Scholars will also benefit from a strong development programme that will nurture their skills to innovate for social good, including expert interactions, industry exposure and volunteering opportunities.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents at the time of application:
- Passport photograph
- Address Proof (for address ticked as preferred physical correspondence address)
- Current Resume
- Marksheet of 10th Class Board Examination
- Marksheet of 12th Class Board Examination
- Marksheet of JEE Main Entrance Examination (for Undergraduate students) OR Marksheet of GATE Entrance Examination (for Postgraduate students, if applicable)
- Official transcript/ Marksheet of your undergraduate degree (for Postgraduate students)
- Bonafide Student Certificate of current college/institution of enrollment, or Student ID Card
- 2 Reference Letters: 1 academic and 1 character
- Experience certificate/ letter/s from work experience/ internships
- Official Disability Certificate
- Family Income Proof (Students with household income of 10 lakhs or less)
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Login to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land onto the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered on Buddy4Study – Register with your Email/Mobile Number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2021-22’ official page.
- Fill the online Eligibility Questionnaire.
- If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, you will be sent an email invitation with log-in information to apply through Reliance Foundation’s application portal.
- Log in to the application portal using the username and password received on email.
- Fill the scholarship application form and upload necessary documents.
- Submit the application.