To be eligible, the applicant must
- Be below 35 years of age as of April 15, 2022
- Be an Indian/Overseas citizen of India working in India
- Have made notable contributions in any branch of S&T recognized by the NASI on the basis of work carried out in India
- A maximum of 5 awards will be made each year. The selected candidates will receive a cash award of INR 25,000, a citation and a bronze medal.
- Summary of research work (Not more than three pages)
- Statement about research contribution of the nominee for which the candidate has been nominated (not exceeding 500 words)
- Statement in 50 words which can be used for citation (the work done in India alone will be the basis for consideration for the award)
- List of publications and/or patents of the nominee: Information should be provided under three heads –
- Published papers
- Papers accepted for publication
- Five most important publications
- One set of reprints/photocopies of not more than 5 publications which is considered the bestNote –
- Please note that the manuscripts under preparation or abstracts of presentations should not be mentioned.
- The list should clearly indicate the journal in which the paper was published, year of publication, page number and names of all authors.
- For detailed information, kindly go through ‘Award Guidelines’.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the awards:
Step 1: Click on the “Apply Now” and read all the fellowship details.
Step 2: Send a hard copy of the nomination and one copy of reprints of not more than 5 publications which is considered the best, and all other supporting documents by post to the below-mentioned address –
5, Lajpat Rai Road, Mumfordganj, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh – 211002
Note – Also, the soft copy of the nomination with all relevant information must be forwarded to NASI’s email at – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline – 15th April 2022
The selection of the awardees will be made as per the regulations of NASI.
Terms and Conditions
- The award recipients will be selected by NASI on the basis of the work done in India.
- The presentation of awards will be made by the President, of NASI at the time of the Annual General Body Meeting to be held in December 2022.
- A candidate can only be nominated once. However, a nomination will remain valid for consideration for 3 years or the age eligibility, whichever expires earlier.
- A candidate will be proposed by a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India. Scientific Society of national standing, university faculty, Post-Graduate department or research institutions may also make nominations of eligible candidates.