To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be a citizen of India who normally resides in India, and is not already undertaking studies in Australia*
- Have received an offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at UQ or be a commencing student at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange)
*Note – Undertaking studies in Australia will include diploma, certificate, Foundation Studies or degree.
The selected candidates will be awarded the following benefits –
- 50 percent tuition fee only scholarship
- Priority access to exciting opportunities to develop your employability and leadership skills
Exclusive invitations to selected ‘invite only’ seminars, presentations and events throughout the study duration
- An opportunity to join a network of Global Leaders Scholarship alumni upon graduation, and build on professional networks at home and abroad
Note – The scholarships will be disbursed through tuition fees waiver (full/partial tuition fees). For recipients receiving full/partial tuition fees, the scholarship amount will be automatically applied to the student account by the tuition deadline of the new semester.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume
- Personal/motivational statement (not more than 1,000 words)
- One reference letter from teaching staff or from an employer (in English)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button and read the details carefully.
Step 2: Navigate to the “Application Dates” section, and click on the “Apply Now” button.
Step 3: Fill in the required details step-by-step, upload the required documents and submit it.
Application Deadline for Semester 2 – 31st May 2022
The selection of candidates is made on the basis of their academic excellence and high achievements.
Terms and Conditions Documents
- Scholarship Details
Terms and Conditions
- The opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange.
- The Executive Dean will only consider requests for an extension for a maximum period of one year.
- The students studying an English language course/program in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- The students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship for tuition fees.
- All correspondence relating to the scholarship application, outcome and acceptances will be sent via email to the email address students included on their application.
- The duration and value of the scholarship will be outlined in the scholarship offer letter. Any variation of the program that affects the duration and/or total value must be approved in writing by the Executive Dean, Faculty of Business, Economics and Law.
The scholarship does not provide for –
- The Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF);
- The University of Queensland application fee;
- Tuition fees for repeating failed courses;
- Late course addition/other administrative enrolment fees;
- Textbooks or other miscellaneous costs;
- Living costs;
- Return airfare; or
- Overseas Student Health Cover